Pictures of your "Black Guns"

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
longhorn_92
Posts in topic: 20

Pictures of your "Black Guns"

Post by longhorn_92 »

I thought it would be fun to post our pictures of our "Black Guns"......I just got a Colt AR15 A2 Govt. Model / LEO (w/ 4 magpul mags - 30rounds) for exactly $1000. I believe the going rate is for $1300 -$1500

I thought it would be fun to view our likes and dislikes.

What accessories have you put on? What do you plan to put on it?

I am looking to put on some optics - I do have a fixed carry handle on it - so I am limited to how I can add on my optics. I was looking at the Aimpoint but according to Aimpoint it would be better to:

"Use the forward carry handle mount and a QRP. This will give you a co-witness with the irons and reduce the offset distance option #1 creates. As well the over all profile of the weapon is reduced."

Aimpoint part numbers:

10174 - Forward Carry Handle Mount

11884 - QRP (no spacer needed)

Aimpoint also suggested:
"I recommend this option as the best solution for a fixed carry handle. These are Aimpoint products used by the Army for M68 CCO’s on fixed carry handles. The ARMS#16 is a good mount my beef is the offset at close ranges."

"#3 Change the upper receiver out for a flat top. You will be able to use a magnifier or other widgets behind the sight. You will also be able to use the Micro in a LaRue or GG&G mount for co-witness. I personally prefer this option but it requires effort and $$$ to be done properly"

I am also looking at the Trijicon - what are your thoughts on these?

Please do not to forget to put your pics of your babies!!!
Last edited by longhorn_92 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

DoubleJ
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Pictures of your "Black Guns"

Post by DoubleJ »

Well, where's your pics?

my Yugo, stock
with Tapco furniture. me likey, AND it's evil and black.
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

mdek
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mdek »

Here is one (of my three) "black rifles". It's a Stag Lower and armalite 16" complete upper w/ chrome-lined barrel. I did the paint job myself, although my girlfriend decorated the magazine (C-Products aluminum, w/ magpul spring and follower). I still haven't figured out what kind of sights or optics to put on it.

I was so tired of being accused of having scary black rifles, that I had to turn one into a cute, pink one.

Tactical_Texan_CHL
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Tactical_Texan_CHL »

ROFL!!! :smilelol5: When our daughter was born, I told my wife I was going to build that very same rifle for her for a present one of these days!! Awesome!! Longhorn, we had an AR-15 thread going for a bit, but it died out. Can't wait to see pics. That's a nice SKS too, by the way, DoubleJ.
TacTex
NRA Life Member

shipwreck
Posts in topic: 11

Post by shipwreck »

My PS90....

Tactical_Texan_CHL

Cool. I always wanted to play with one of those! How do you like it, Shipwreck?
TacTex
NRA Life Member

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 2

Post by HighVelocity »

Don't forget the rimfires. :txflag:

I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

Tactical_Texan_CHL

Very slick 10/22 HV! Is it .22LR or .17 Mach II? I've seen a bolt handle like that on alot of .17 Mach II conversions to add weight to the bolt. I guess I'll put my pic up again too. I feel left out now. I want to replace the scope. Any suggestions? I've looked at the Cabela's scopes and they look pretty nice. Don't want to hijack, so we can start a new thread. I still haven't gotten around to taking my upper to the gun smith and having the free float tube put on the green one like I said I was going to. I really need to do that. It's a Yankee Hill by the way if anyone wanted to know.
TacTex
NRA Life Member

Will938

Post by Will938 »

Stag Arms Ar-15 and an FN FAL

9mmGuy

Post by 9mmGuy »

Tactical_Texan_CHL wrote:Very slick 10/22 HV! Is it .22LR or .17 Mach II? I've seen a bolt handle like that on alot of .17 Mach II conversions to add weight to the bolt. I guess I'll put my pic up again too. I feel left out now. I want to replace the scope. Any suggestions? I've looked at the Cabela's scopes and they look pretty nice. Don't want to hijack, so we can start a new thread. I still haven't gotten around to taking my upper to the gun smith and having the free float tube put on the green one like I said I was going to. I really need to do that. It's a Yankee Hill by the way if anyone wanted to know.
:drool: Image :thumbs2:
Luck favors the Prepared
G19c, G26, KT P11, Mossberg Mav 88, 10/22

NcongruNt
Posts in topic: 15

Post by NcongruNt »

The only black gun I own is my FM Hi-Power. ;-)

However, my plans do include acquiring a Dragunov SVD like the one pictured below. As soon as I get enough in savings to justify spending 2 grand on a rifle, this is at the top of my list.

(edited to update linked image)
Last edited by NcongruNt on Sat May 10, 2008 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

Thanks TTCHL, yes, 22LR.
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

asleepatthereel

Post by asleepatthereel »

Berretta CX4 .45ACP

My daughter at boot camp with her SBR
Theres room for all Gods creatures. Right between the corn and taters!

15 Dec Applied online
Plastic in hand 30 Apr
Kimber Stainles Ultra Carry II
Colt Defender
M1991A-1 Series 80
Yep. I like .45s
Join and support the NRA today!

shipwreck
Posts in topic: 11

Post by shipwreck »

Tactical_Texan_CHL wrote:Cool. I always wanted to play with one of those! How do you like it, Shipwreck?

It rocks. It is my all time fav rifle. Love the ergonomics, the 50 round mags, and lack of recoil.

Despite what the naysayers claim about the caliber, there has been some tests done by members at my forum, and I am comfortable in using the round for self defense.

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Skiprr »

shipwreck wrote:
Tactical_Texan_CHL wrote:Cool. I always wanted to play with one of those! How do you like it, Shipwreck?
It rocks. It is my all time fav rifle. Love the ergonomics, the 50 round mags, and lack of recoil.

Despite what the naysayers claim about the caliber, there has been some tests done by members at my forum, and I am comfortable in using the round for self defense.
It looks like a whopping distance between the bore-line and optic sight-line. Maybe five inches?

How have you managed to make that suitable for CQC? At what distance are you zeroed?
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”