Pictures of your "Black Guns"

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

SSwt00SS
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Pictures of your "Black Guns"

Post by SSwt00SS »

SSwt00SS wrote: Armilite AR30-a1 (300 Win Mag)
GG&G Bi-pod
Vortex 2" Cantilever 30mm mount
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50mm EBR-2C MOA Illuminated FFP scope

I wanted to follow up with my slow but steady progress. I finally was able to hit the range this weekend for the 1st time in 2016 (handgun or rifle). Spent a coupe hours Saturday morning out at the Garland Range. Absolutely perfect weather.

Here are the results of my 2nd outing: 10 rounds @100 yards. After my 1st shot (cold bore) was 1/2" left 2" high, doing some adjustments and getting settled down, I was able to place 6 rounds sub-MOA in a dime size group. I couldn't be more pleased. One thing I have learned is, I still have a lot to learn... :lol:
Attachments
20160423_500.jpg

Pariah3j
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pariah3j »

Finally getting around to posting a pic of my black gun. I'll have to post some more when I get some better shots.

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

QB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by QB »

Stag 3GL (left hand) - 18" fluted stainless 1/8 twist barrel, AAC Blackout Non Mount Flash Hider, Geissele S3G trigger, rifle length gas system, Nickel Teflon M16 BCG, Rapture Ambidextrous charging handle, Magpul MOE grip, Magpul STR Milspec Stock, low profile gas block with FORTIS REV2 14" MLok free float handguard, Vortex 1X Spitfire Prism scope, Harris swivel bipod with locking lever.

I've had various AR15s in the past and this one is my all time favorite. A nice smooth shooter since it has the rifle length gas system and the Geissele trigger.

I don't care that much about left hand controls but I absolutely wanted a left ejection port. This Stag has been flawless!!!

Stag 3TL-M - 16" barrel, 1/9 twist, AAC Blackout Non Mount Flash Hider, Geissele S3G trigger, carbine length gas system, Rapture Ambidextrous charging handle, Magpul MOE grip, Mapgul STR Milspec Stock, low profile gas block with Diamondhead free float handguard, Diamondhead metal flip up sights,

Next purchase will be a midlength gas system left handed Stag. They confirmed "plans" to produce one but didn't have a timeframe....bummer.
Last edited by QB on Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 49

Post by The Annoyed Man »

New 10.5" .300 Blackout SBR:

With matching 5.56mm 16" upper:

With matching 5.56mm 16" upper and AAC 762-SDN-6 can:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Scott B. »

Resistance is futile. I was grinning like a complete idiot while shooting this thing today.

CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1, Carbine, w/ faux suppressor made by Silencer Co. Topped w/ a Trijicon MRO on a stock 1/3 co-witness mount. It's a 9mm carbine if you're not familiar with them. The pistols have been around, carbine version is new. After new springs and some polishing, trigger averages 5 lbs 4oz, down from a gritty 9lbs. I really like the duckbill mag release too.

Definitely a future SBR / Suppressor host.

LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Skiprr »

I received the final parts yesterday (BCG) for a new AR-15 and, of course, had to put it together today. I can't really call it a "build" since I opted to buy an assembled Spike's Tactical standard lower because Primary Arms had it in stock at the same price as Spike's but without the four- to eight-week wait.

This is a no-frills, inexpensive rifle that I really didn't intend to build. I had decided simply to buy a lower to store on a shelf in the safe...the rest I blame on AndyC (http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=84691). I also blame him for the five new gen-3 window PMAGs and 1,000 rounds of 5.56 plinking ammo. And now I absolutely cannot fit another long-gun in my safe. If I want another, I either have to sell one to make room...or buy another safe.

Specs:
  • Lower Receiver: Spike's Tactical with standard kit and trigger
  • Stock: Standard M4 with standard buffer
  • Barrel: E.R. Shaw 5.56 NATO; 16" plus standard A2 muzzle brake; 4140 chrome molly steel; 1/7" twist; phosphate finished, hard anodized
  • Upper Receiver: APF 7075 T6-forged
  • BCG: AB Arms Pro nickel boron; heat treated, shot peened, and manganese phosphate coated
  • Fore-end: APF T-Mod 12.5" Picatinny rail; free-float; 6061 aluminum; CNC machined and hard anodized
  • Charging Handle: AXTS Raptor ambidextrous; machined from 7075 aluminum
  • Backup Sights: Magpul flip-up MBUS, spring-loaded for rapid deployment
  • Optic: EOTech...which thankfully I already had and didn't have to buy
  • Still to buy: a quality two-point sling

Nothing like a brand-new, shiny, completely untarnished bolt carrier group.

Now I just need to get it to the range and dirty up that BCG...and hope the rifle doesn't explode. ;-)
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

My 10/22 stock carbine after a rebuild (there's some black rifle in there). Almost complete. Still waiting on a new charging handle/rod. You can get crazy stupid (fun?) expensive with these things. I wanted to keep it in the 'reasonable' range. Green Mountain 20" fluted bull barrel. Volquartsen competition hammer/springs, bolt release, barrel v-block. Polymer rear pin. Hogue overmold stock. Nikon Prostaff Rimfire II 4-12x40 scope.

Going to try and not be embarrassed too badly on an upcoming a precision rimfire series. It's 50 yrds, bench, bolt and semi-auto categories. Open otherwise, so I'll probably get smoked.

Got its first rounds downrange today. There's some promise there. If you have any surefire tips, send them my way.

LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

QB

Post by QB »

delete......combined info with my first post a page or two back.........
Last edited by QB on Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

jkurtz

Post by jkurtz »

It may be more of a tan color now, but it was once black. Image

PSTL*PAKR

Post by PSTL*PAKR »

New toy I bought yesterday. Don't know anything about these guns, but figured they'd want to ban them
Attachments
rps20160713_155523.jpg
Took class 8/11/12 -Applied online/finger prints/mailed 8/15/12-Received in Austin 8/17/12-Background under review 8/31/12-
Background complete/mfg. pending 10/09/12--MFG 10/10/12-MAILED 10/11/12--Received 10/18/12!!!

Dart106A

Post by Dart106A »

Nothing fancy. A Colt M4 Carbine (LE6920) with a Nikon 1-4x20 M-223 with the BDC 600 reticle on a Burris P.E.P.R. mount. The only thing I've added since this photo was a side sling swivel under the front sight for a Mamba sling. A fun rifle!

AggieMM

Post by AggieMM »

Recently finished my AR10 build (.308), so thought I'd share a family picture.

Ryan

timdsmith72

Post by timdsmith72 »

Nothing fancy, but I like it. :tiphat:

Dart106A

Post by Dart106A »

My newest "black gun"! A Savage Trophy Hunter XP in .270 Winchester. Had one years ago - sold during "Big D" number 2 - so finally decided to replace it. I did check out their Axis lines, but the bolt just "feels" better on the XP. My only b-tch is the new mag release. I understand why they did this, but do miss the button release on the side. (Now if the deer just stroll into my view to see for themselves how cool it is!)

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”