AK questions

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Weg
Posts in topic: 1

Re: AK questions

Post by Weg »

Get a Polytech if you can find them, if not get a MAK-90 and load it up with compliant parts and you can configure it however you want. Mine has a slant break and underfolder, shoots great, but so have all the other Ak's i've owned.

Topic author
RECIT
Posts in topic: 11

Post by RECIT »

I ended up ordering a stamped model with synthetic Bulgarian furniture and custom desert tan finish and black accents from Lancaster Arms. I placed my order on Nov. 3 I believe, they are naturally waiting on one piece of the furniture. Its now Dec. 8 and I am still waiting. I talked to one of the builders on Friday and he told me to call and check in on Wednesday to see if the parts came in. I am patient, but I thought I ordered it before the freak out. Guess not though. Thanks for all the info and advice. Initial inspection and range report to come when I get the goods.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

matrxx
Posts in topic: 4

Post by matrxx »

matrxx wrote:AK with Fixed stock or folding stock? which ones would you choose?
I guess this will be alright for now:

WarHawk-AVG
Posts in topic: 4

Post by WarHawk-AVG »

I go fixed stock...but thats just my taste
A sheepdog says "I will lead the way. I will set the highest standards. ...Your mission is to man the ramparts in this dark and desperate hour with honor and courage." - Lt. Col. Grossman
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ - Edmond Burke

kalipsocs
Posts in topic: 7

Post by kalipsocs »

Khyber Pass style side folder. You get the rigidity of the under folding stock with the benefit of the side folder.

Morgan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Morgan »

I LOVE my Saiga... and the mags are not expensive, and you can modify standard AK mags to fit quickly and inexpensively. But i can get 30 round mags for 20-30 dollars depending. That's not bad. This is mine... I put a little lipstick, er, a small scope on it since this pic....

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”