Old .30-30 boxes + brass - any idea of value?

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
UpTheIrons
Posts in topic: 2

Old .30-30 boxes + brass - any idea of value?

Post by UpTheIrons »

I have three boxes of Remington .30-30 brass that is ancient (well, no older than 1959, anyway). Does anyone have an idea where I can find a value, if there is any, for these boxes/contents? Websites? Books?

I don't think I'll reload them, but I do wonder what the boxes might be worth. Two are in good condition, the third is in good-to-OK shape.
Attachments
0224091631a.jpg
"I don't know how that would ever be useful, but I want two!"

Springs are cheap - your gun and your life aren't.

Totally Frustrated
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Old .30-30 boxes + brass - any idea of value?

Post by Totally Frustrated »

UpTheIrons wrote:I have three boxes of Remington .30-30 brass that is ancient (well, no older than 1959, anyway). Does anyone have an idea where I can find a value, if there is any, for these boxes/contents? Websites? Books?

I don't think I'll reload them, but I do wonder what the boxes might be worth. Two are in good condition, the third is in good-to-OK shape.
I checked out your attachments, and what caught my eye was the original price tag.
$3.10 a box. the good ole days!

Nicolai
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Nicolai »

Manion's (http://www.manions.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) has a page on their website of old ammunition/boxes. Never had any dealings/experience with them, but their auction page may give you a ballpark estimate of value.

Topic author
UpTheIrons
Posts in topic: 2

Post by UpTheIrons »

Thanks for the tip about Manion's. I'll check it out. Looks like a fun toy store!
"I don't know how that would ever be useful, but I want two!"

Springs are cheap - your gun and your life aren't.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”