Ammo Price help?

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Luggo1
Posts in topic: 1

Ammo Price help?

Post by Luggo1 »

I found some .223 today, after I was done weeping, I realized I didn't know how bad of a gouged price it was. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Rem. Value pack, 50 rds- $24.97 box
Fed. Value pack, 100 rds- $39.99 box

I realize per round the Fed is cheaper...however are these prices good or bad to what you are seeing if you can find this stuff?

Thank you

Velocity

Re: Ammo Price help?

Post by Velocity »

That's about as good as you'll find for brass cased ammo these days. Demand is WAY up since the election - while prices haven't changed TOO much since the election, availability certainly has suffered.

Steel case (Wolf or Brown Bear, etc) can be had for less, when it can be found. Some dislike steel cased ammo in ARs, but most seem to indicate recent vintage (ie, within past few years) is OK.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member

RECIT

Post by RECIT »

I shoot lots of polymer coated steel cased ammo through my AR. But you will find lots of people frown on that. Oh well...if you are only looking for a few boxes just buy them in store if available. Acadamy has revolving inventory of Monarch brass .223 which runs $9.97 a box. If you are looking for bulk then I would go shopping online for a case or half case price. Good luck and happy hunting.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

I paid $111.00 for 200 rds of .223 at Carter the other day.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”