The merits of a .22LR for defense

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

TexasComputerDude
Posts in topic: 3

Re: The merits of a .22LR for defense

Post by TexasComputerDude »

I bet if you fill the air with cheap 22 the rioters wouldn't no the difference between that an an EBR shooting something larger.

I wonder if there is a way to make a 22 sound louder and more powerful than it is.
Glock 30 - main ccw

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Keith B »

TexasComputerDude wrote:I bet if you fill the air with cheap 22 the rioters wouldn't no the difference between that an an EBR shooting something larger.

I wonder if there is a way to make a 22 sound louder and more powerful than it is.
Yes, you can double the size to .44 and that is MUCH louder. :mrgreen:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

TexasComputerDude

yea but I'm cheap lol

I used to take my 1911 .45 and empty 2 clips trying to kill a single rabbit. Now I go, "eh, too expensive for even one shot"
Glock 30 - main ccw

TEXASGIANT
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TEXASGIANT »

I must remember to send a thank you note to 1600 Pennsylvania Av. What ever is going on up there has caused my wife's maternal instincts to kick into high gear. She must be feeling the impending need to defend the brood because "my" gun collection has expanded greatly.
A full compliment of fine 45s, 357s, 357sig, .223, 12GA, etc. But the happily common coincidence is the .22! My bride carries whatever she feels like that day, 45, 357, etc. I on the other hand am comfy with that pocket full o joy; the P22. Then there is the 10/22 I don't need to go over all the reasons already given but that would be the last one I would let go, then there is the .22 adapter for the AR and a few 30 rnd mags for it. That makes 2 semi auto rifles and a pistol all effectively using the same ammo. That is a bunch of junk down range even on a budget, no matter how you measure it.
I am just a simple soldier, I have to much honor to be a politician and there are no statesmen left.

TexasComputerDude

I've noticed that effect on women too, mainly my mom and mimi (mom's mom)

They used to hate that I carried but now are thinking of getting their chl's and seem proud that I'm carrying.
Glock 30 - main ccw

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”