10.5" build input

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
gigag04
Posts in topic: 4

10.5" build input

Post by gigag04 »

Here's what I'm looking at putting together. Hopefully I'll have it stamped and done by Jan 12. Hopefully a can by mid next year. Main emphasis is on light and quick (uh....and fun). It will have a T-1 micro and single pt sling.

Let me know what you think or what I should change. Made jpg since file upload doesn't work on iPad.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Heartland Patriot

Re: 10.5" build input

Post by Heartland Patriot »

No BUIS? Optics are great, but irons don't break...something like that, anyway...my humble suggestion is to get a set of fold downs (Troy Industries seems to make a popular, quality set of sights but they are kind of pricey) that you can co-witness with your optics. Otherwise, looks like you've got some really quality parts picked out. Have fun and of course, please post pics when you do finally get it done.

RECIT
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RECIT »

IT looks like you have all your bases covered. I agree with adding some irons though. No magpul plastic sights on a working rig though, get some Troys or Daniel Defense sights...
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

PBratton
Posts in topic: 9

Post by PBratton »

When you get ready to engrave the lower, send it to:

Ident Marking Services
2007 Industrial Blvd. Suite B
Rockwall, TX 75087

They did a GREAT job on mine. Placed the info on either side of the trigger slot. Not readily visible, but satisfies the ATF rules.

Still waiting on my stamp to come back.
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

Topic author
gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

PB - whatcha building?

Also anyput on AXTS lowers?

Re: BUIS, I have some in the spare parts bin, along with slings, mounts, grips. It will also wear a T-1 w/ bottom third co-witness. Sling will most likely be SKD Tac Pig Sling, unless I decide to buy a Tactical Link offering.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

texasmusic
Posts in topic: 1

Post by texasmusic »

My input:

Awesome! :hurry:
Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

I have a BCM 11.5" upper safely stored offsite waiting on the stamp. Don't have plans for a silencer, so I couldn't make myself buy the 10.5".

The lower is a Palmetto with the VLTOR stock, MOE grip. Put a Bill Springfield trigger in it for now, we'll see how it holds up. Haven't looked into slings yet, kinda want both parts together first, then I'll fine tune.

One month and counting on the stamp. They cashed the check in two weeks.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

Topic author
gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

CLEO or trust

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

gigag04 wrote:CLEO or trust
Corp. (See, I hardly ever follow the crowd...)

rm9792

Post by rm9792 »

PBratton wrote:When you get ready to engrave the lower, send it to:

Ident Marking Services
Rockwall, TX 75087

They did a GREAT job on mine. Placed the info on either side of the trigger slot. Not readily visible, but satisfies the ATF rules.

Do you have to engrave something on the lower for an SBR? I never saw that when i did mine. I did have to engrave a SN on the homemade can.

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

rm9792 wrote:
PBratton wrote:When you get ready to engrave the lower, send it to:

Ident Marking Services
Rockwall, TX 75087

Do you have to engrave something on the lower for an SBR? I never saw that when i did mine. I did have to engrave a SN on the homemade can.
Yeah, they want the name of the stamp holder, (personal, trust, or corp), and the City, State.

So, on mine, I have on the top of the trigger well, where the slot that the trigger come through, I have Geek's Firearms, LLC one one side and Sugar Land, Tx on the other side of the slot.

rm9792

Post by rm9792 »

Who did the engraving for you? I need my name put on my SCAR since it is SBR. Also, I had the SN and city/state done on my suppressor but no name. Can the same engraver do that for me?

lowonair

Post by lowonair »

Looks like a good build, but why the kx3? If you're going to run suppressed in the future why not just use the muzzle device that will fit the suppressor? I do love the look of that fat flaming pig though. Are you going to use the gen2 lower?

Topic author
gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

lowonair wrote:Looks like a good build, but why the kx3? If you're going to run suppressed in the future why not just use the muzzle device that will fit the suppressor? I do love the look of that fat flaming pig though. Are you going to use the gen2 lower?
Yes. When compared to the cost of stamps and being a gun I will own forever, it's such a small jump in price.

lowonair

Post by lowonair »

gigag04 wrote:
lowonair wrote:Looks like a good build, but why the kx3? If you're going to run suppressed in the future why not just use the muzzle device that will fit the suppressor? I do love the look of that fat flaming pig though. Are you going to use the gen2 lower?
Yes. When compared to the cost of stamps and being a gun I will own forever, it's such a small jump in price.
I've been looking for one but nobody has them in stock.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”