Burris MTAC 1-4X24

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
allisji
Posts in topic: 3

Burris MTAC 1-4X24

Post by allisji »

Bought one of these from Primary Arms for my AR-15. It came with a PEPR mount and a Fastfire III all for $600 + tax.

I like the CQ reticle. It has dots for 100 - 600 yd.

Does anyone else use this particular scope or a similar Burris 1-4 scope? I'd like to know what people think who have used it, and can you actually see well enough out to 600 yds to be accurate with just 4x magnification? I doubt I'll ever really use it for farther than 200 or maybe 300 yds.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Topic author
allisji

Re: Burris MTAC 1-4X24

Post by allisji »

link included to the package that I purchased. The sell the scope for $380, the fastfire III for $250 and the mount for $82. But the package is $599.

http://www.primaryarms.com/burris-mtac- ... 200437-ff/

I like having the red dot and the scope. I'm curious to see how the scope lines up with my front sight when I boresight it.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mrvmax »

I have the Burris scope without the Fastfire and I like it on my AR.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

allisji wrote:link included to the package that I purchased. The sell the scope for $380, the fastfire III for $250 and the mount for $82. But the package is $599.

I like having the red dot and the scope. I'm curious to see how the scope lines up with my front sight when I boresight it.
Interested in hearing how you like this setup? I'm thinking about purchasing it.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

That same reticle is available in several of the Burris offerings for AR platform rifles.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
allisji

Post by allisji »

bblhd672 wrote:
allisji wrote:link included to the package that I purchased. The sell the scope for $380, the fastfire III for $250 and the mount for $82. But the package is $599.

Interested in hearing how you like this setup? I'm thinking about purchasing it.
Disclaimer, I haven't shot with it yet, but...

It mounts really clean and nicely and feels very sturdy. I really like the scope, it has excellent clarity and very crisp sight out to 200 yds or so. Obvious a 1x6 would give a little bit better picture at that range. The fastfire red dot is pretty high above the barrel, it's more for close range, fast target acquisition. But the scope at 1X magnification can get on target very easily as well. I would think that if you are using it for hunting and you have the scope powered to 4x magnification, then having the red dot on, would allow you to acquire a second target at close range without having to adjust the scope. So for that purpose it could work very well. All in all, I like the setup because it allows for some range as well as for close quarters. I like it better than having just a 1x4 scope or just a red dot with BPIS.
LTC since 2015

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:That same reticle is available in several of the Burris offerings for AR platform rifles.
Is that reticle something you'd recommend?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

bblhd672 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:That same reticle is available in several of the Burris offerings for AR platform rifles.
Is that reticle something you'd recommend?
I wouldn't not recommend it, but I didn't personally like it as much as I thought I would. My reticle was in a Burris AR536 I used to own. I switched to a 4x32 BAC ACOG, which I much prefer for it's less cluttered reticle, battery-free dual illumination sources, and superior glass.

I took a picture of the reticle back when I still had the Burris:

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

glazer1972
Posts in topic: 1

Post by glazer1972 »

I've been considering this scope too.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”