FAL flash hider swap

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
markthenewf
Posts in topic: 2

FAL flash hider swap

Post by markthenewf »

Guys,

I've got a DSA metric FAL which I put a SE vortex type flash hider on. The old one popped off without a hitch and as per SE instructions, didn't torque the new flash hider on too much at all (the twist angle of the tines produces a tightening torque every time you shoot it). So I now have a suppressor en route and I'm swapping out my current flash hiders with the QD one. My AR one came off without much fanfare, but that FAL one is on there! I'm really uncomfortable putting that much torque on the barrel without some sort of proper clamp or support.

Aside from Ed (asking him to swap out a FH is like asking Mario Andretti to drive you to the grocery store!), is there anyone in the Houston area that is familiar with the FAL such that you're kosher having them do this? Again, I know it's "only a flash hider swap", but that sucker is tieeete and I really don't want some bubba twisting the snot out of what is currently a great rifle.

Thanks in advance!
Cheers!

Mark

boxermoose
Posts in topic: 1

Re: FAL flash hider swap

Post by boxermoose »

Left hand thread on FAL's

If made during the ban era it will be silver soldered - DSA can give you date of mfg

Topic author
markthenewf
Posts in topic: 2

Post by markthenewf »

Thanks, guys. I know the FAL isn't the best platform for suppressing, but the can should help a bit (both for sound, flash, and recoil). I'm really looking forward to it. Gettin' kinda fidgety about it, actually. C'mon stamp!
Cheers!

Mark

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

markthenewf wrote:Thanks, guys. I know the FAL isn't the best platform for suppressing, but the can should help a bit (both for sound, flash, and recoil). I'm really looking forward to it. Gettin' kinda fidgety about it, actually. C'mon stamp!
Andy suppressed his FAL just fine, and it shoots well that way.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”