Just ordered a Radical Arms AR15

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Countryside
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Just ordered a Radical Arms AR15

Post by Countryside »

Got an email from Centerfire Systems with a an ad for the Radical Arms AR15 for $499.99 including shipping. I've been eyeballing one for a while. Made in Texas, but since I'm ordering from another supplier I am paying a bit less, saving on shipping, and not having to pay sales tax. Feel a little bad for not ordering directly from them...but it's my bank account and I have to do what I can. I will still have to pay my FFL...but I'd have to do that anyway.
Here's a stock pic...
I'll post a review once I get it in and get to use it.

Weg
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Just ordered a Radical Arms AR15

Post by Weg »

Wow. I have not bought a AR in awhile, but that is cheap for an AR. Let us know how it shoots.

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

I have had my eyes on radical for a while, I'd also like to know how she works for you!

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

Is it .223 or 5.56?

Topic author
Countryside
Banned

Post by Countryside »

I believe the specs say .223/5.56

Nuts

Post by Nuts »

I have one of their uppers with the same free float handguard in 7.62X39 that I got about 6 months ago. nice fit and finish, I have no complaints. best value on the market at the moment.

denwego

Post by denwego »

I second the best value on the market comment. I bought one for Christmas this past year and it's been the best shooting stock AR I've handled. I wanted what I was going to use as a beater 16" 5.56, so being in Houston I was able to run down to their storefront and pick it up in person for something like $525 out the door including tax. Amazing amazing quality for the value.

Topic author
Countryside
Banned

Post by Countryside »

denwego wrote:I second the best value on the market comment. I bought one for Christmas this past year and it's been the best shooting stock AR I've handled. I wanted what I was going to use as a beater 16" 5.56, so being in Houston I was able to run down to their storefront and pick it up in person for something like $525 out the door including tax. Amazing amazing quality for the value.
You did good. They must have given you a good price. Their website shows the going price to be $560. Throw in around $47 tax....placing it over $600...plus the time and distance I would have had to drive from west Texas to pick it up. After paying my FFL fee I still have saved about $75 and I only have a 10 minute drive to pick it up. :thumbsup:

der Teufel
Posts in topic: 2

Post by der Teufel »

I bought one at the end of last year in 300 BLK. It's a basic rifle, no real frills (I did spring a little extra for an upgraded hand guard), but what's there seems good. Basic M4 stock, plain old nitrided BCG, 16" barrel, optics rail, no carry handle. It came with a hard plastic case and no sling.

It shoots pretty well. I haven't had it out as much as I'd hoped, just sighted it in and tried a few different loads, but so far I'm pleased.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

Sidro

Post by Sidro »

Now take the money you saved and put a 3lb Velocity trigger in it and you are ready to go.

der Teufel
Posts in topic: 2

Post by der Teufel »

Sidro wrote:Now take the money you saved and put a 3lb Velocity trigger in it and you are ready to go.
If this rifle turns out to be as effective a hog rifle as I hope, I'll very likely upgrade the trigger.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”