Marlin 336BL

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Re: Marlin 336BL

Postby The Annoyed Man » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:05 pm

puma guy wrote:
WTR wrote:They a part of Kimber?

I couldn't say if they are connected in any way, but Kimber's manufacturing facility is in NY. Grizzly Customs is in MT.

BTW, that top rail on that Grizzly gun is the same unit as the one I put on my Marlin above.
"Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself."—Hookalakah Meshobbab
"I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes."—The Annoyed Boy
"Id aegre et in omnibus semper."—Quod Homo Aegre

OlBill

Postby OlBill » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:23 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Jusme wrote:iF you haven't already bought one TAM you might take a look at this from Mossberg. It's far from a traditional setup in fact it's so ugly it make me want to get one so Mrs. Jusme can tell me I have no taste. :mrgreen:

http://www.mossberg.com/category/series ... re-rifles/

It loads rounds like the marlin, 16.5 inch barrel, but then it kinda strays off the reservation after that.

The problem with that Mossberg is being seen in public with it. I wouldn't be able to show up at any range where either AndyC or my son are present....... I'd never be able to live it down.

It's ugly like homemade soap.

OlBill

Postby OlBill » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:27 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
puma guy wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Iunnrais wrote:Marlinitis a serious disease :) Congratulations on the new purchase.

I caught it when I was 14 or 15 and Dad gave me a Model 60. Wish I still had that one, but it was stolen a couple decades back when we were moving from San Marcos to Austin.

Only issue that I've had on my new production rifles is the barrel on my 1894 is clocked improperly. Missed it when I was looking over the rifle at purchase. I only really noticed it after adding the scope mount. Mainly a cosmetic issue especially since it wears a little 4x scope to help out my eyes. Shoots just fine.

My 1895 and little bolt action .22 are both fine rifles and came off the new lines without any issues that I can find.

unnamed.jpg

Barrel clocking seems to be a chronic issue with early remlins. The front sight is usually OK, but it is the rear sight that is typically canted to the right. Of course I'll examine the rifle before leaving with it, but I'm eliminating that by possibility anyway getting rid of the OEM rear sight and substituting a sight rail and a rear peep sight.

Is your peep sight going to be a receiver mount or tang mount?

Receiver mounted. I'm looking at either the rail-mounted ghost ring sight like the one from XS Sight Systems I pictured above a few posts up, OR, a Skinner rear sight.

The Skinner rear sight:

The XS rear sight:

I have the XS on my 1895CB.

AndyC

Postby AndyC » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:49 am

puma guy wrote:The 21st Century lever truck gun! Doesn't have a full mule loop, but will suffice. From Grizzly Customs

If they got rid of the cheesegrater fore-end, I'd like that. Wonder if the rail can be had separately....
Remember Kitty Genovese

Amateurs skip safety-checks - pros don't.
Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club
There's nothing quite like the offer of 230 grains to a man's chest to remind him of his manners

puma guy

Postby puma guy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:18 pm

AndyC wrote:
puma guy wrote:The 21st Century lever truck gun! Doesn't have a full mule loop, but will suffice. From Grizzly Customs

If they got rid of the cheesegrater fore-end, I'd like that. Wonder if the rail can be had separately....

Copy that!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”