ATI Shotguns & extractors vs. ejectors

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 15

Re: ATI Shotguns & extractors vs. ejectors

Post by C-dub »

We got out to the range today and had a good time. She did good on stations 1, 2, 6, and 7, but had real trouble with 3, 4, and 5. We didn't even try 8. She's having trouble figuring out the lead on the middle stations. I'm telling her about how much the lead should be, but I think she's either having trouble judging that distance or just doesn't believe me and refusing to lead by that much. Hey, I remember when Andy was telling me how much to lead by and thought that was just crazy talk, but I kept increasing my lead until I hit one and then was amazed I hit anything.

She was doing really well on the end stations even hitting true doubles several times. She'll figure it out. We'll go out again next month.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Jusme
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jusme »

Sounds like a great day. Her scores will improve with practice, and getting used to her new gun. But as long as she enjoys it and is enthusiastic, scores don't matter.

:cheers2:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Jusme wrote:Sounds like a great day. Her scores will improve with practice, and getting used to her new gun. But as long as she enjoys it and is enthusiastic, scores don't matter.

:cheers2:
Oh yeah. She shot an entire box of 25 just on station one and another on 7. Split another box on 2 and 6 and another box between 3-4-5, so not very much time spent in the middle. She didn't hit anything at 3-4-5 and I didn't want to to spend too much time there yet and get discouraged. Next time we'll spend more time on 2 and 6 and work out way to 3 and 5 once she's had more success at 2 and 6.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

puma guy
Posts in topic: 10

Post by puma guy »

Thanks for the report, C-dub. She's doing far better than many new skeet shooters. I'm amazed she's hitting true doubles already. It sounds like her new O/U is performing well and getting a good work out.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

C-dub, I was looking for some files on a flash drive and ran across this. A Skeet Shoot meet up at Elm Fork several years ago. Li'l dub doing the pulling and scoring for her future skeet instructor.

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

puma guy wrote:C-dub, I was looking for some files on a flash drive and ran across this. A Skeet Shoot meet up at Elm Fork several years ago. Li'l dub doing the pulling and scoring for her future skeet instructor.

:thumbs2:

That's cool. Both of us have much longer hair now.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

C-dub wrote:
puma guy wrote:C-dub, I was looking for some files on a flash drive and ran across this. A Skeet Shoot meet up at Elm Fork several years ago. Li'l dub doing the pulling and scoring for her future skeet instructor.

Did you ever look into the book I recommended? Bob Brister "Shotgunning: The Art and The Science"?

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

puma guy wrote:
C-dub wrote:

Did you ever look into the book I recommended? Bob Brister "Shotgunning: The Art and The Science"?
I forgot. I'll see if I can get it on my kindle.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

C-dub wrote:
puma guy wrote:
C-dub wrote:

There are several on Ebay right now for 99¢ with $4 shipping.

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

puma guy wrote:
C-dub wrote:
puma guy wrote:
C-dub wrote:

There are several on Ebay right now for 99¢ with $4 shipping.
Got it. :thumbs2:

Gunner4640
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Gunner4640 »

Check out Tristar I have a 20ou and the recoil is light and they are good looking guns. I bought it for my grandson he dropped 9 clays he first time out at 14 both at 8 to. Mine has extractors also
O shoot a CZ Redhead Premier 12 ou with ejectors I tunned :cool:
Dave & Wife NRA Members
Too many guns to list> :lol::

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

AndyC wrote:Sounds like we need to have a forum shoot again so Li'l Dub can show off some :)
I guess you or C-dub will have to pull birds for her now! :lol:

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

AndyC wrote:Sounds like we need to have a forum shoot again so Li'l Dub can show off some :)
I don't know about the "showing off" part, but I'm sure she/we would like to get back out with ya'll again.

I'll start another thread for this in a few weeks for after school is out for the summer. Otherwise, the dub's are too busy on the weekends with softball and work. Hey, anyone else notice that "work" is a four letter word? :evil2:

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”