Cheap AR

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
JakeTheSnake
Posts in topic: 2

Cheap AR

Post by JakeTheSnake »

Anybody familiar with this manufacturer? Seems like a pretty good deal for a basic AR.

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/compon ... l?Itemid=0

Weg
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Cheap AR

Post by Weg »

That's a good price, but i've never heard of them though . I'm assuming that is not a polymer lower/upper , that's the only thing that I don't like in AR's these days. Outside of that, you could upgrade as you go if you want.

As an aside, I bought a cheapo upper from a company a few years back that I had never heard of and I have shot the heck out of it with no issues.

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Here's another option at Primary Arms Black Friday sale: http://www.primaryarms.com/anderson-man ... sight-am15
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Topic author
JakeTheSnake

Post by JakeTheSnake »

Skiprr wrote:Here's another option at Primary Arms Black Friday sale: http://www.primaryarms.com/anderson-man ... sight-am15
Wish you hadn't posted that link! :mad5
They have a lot of good deals right now.

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

I have heard of bear creek, but I have no experience. Honestly I would look into one of the Andersons for that price. I bought an Anderson stripped lower this summer (among a few others of varying quality) and was very impressed. I paid $50 for a stripped lower with very clean machining and actually very nice anodizing. I paid $100 for a spikes stripped at the same time, and I will still say the Anderson is just as nice if not nicer than the spikes.

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

Skiprr wrote:Here's another option at Primary Arms Black Friday sale: http://www.primaryarms.com/anderson-man ... sight-am15
I don't really need another AR15 but that price is hard to pass up.
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

$475 for PA is hard to beat!

satcong

Post by satcong »

If you're local, the Primary Arms deal is good and you don't have to pay a transfer fee and shipping. Academy also has some black rifles around $500 this weekend. I would go with Anderson over DPMS but neither is fly by night. With the current post election deals, you can buy a fully assembled basic AR15 for the same price as building from a stripped lower.

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

satcong wrote:If you're local, the Primary Arms deal is good and you don't have to pay a transfer fee and shipping.
Yep; they're just a few blocks east of 288, and about a block north of 518. A note that all sales are done over the internet. If you show up to the retail outlet, they have a few walk-up PCs you can use to log into your PA account and complete a transaction that way. But you'll find it far more convenient to buy at home, print out the transaction detail, then take it with you to the store.

If they don't buzz you in as soon as you walk up to the door, ring the bell to the right. It's a small space (not counting the warehouse area, of course). You'll see the pick-up windows in the back on the right. Form 4473s are kept on clipboards in front of the windows. Grab one, fill it out off to the side, then take the signed form, your LTC, and your transaction print-out to the window. They'll have you on your way in just a few minutes.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

satcong

Post by satcong »

Skiprr wrote:Yep; they're just a few blocks east of 288, and about a block north of 518. A note that all sales are done over the internet. If you show up to the retail outlet, they have a few walk-up PCs you can use to log into your PA account and complete a transaction that way. But you'll find it far more convenient to buy at home, print out the transaction detail, then take it with you to the store.
Good point Skiprr. Also, when I order from home, I don't have to worry about a hot deal selling out before I get there.

Anybody looking for a good starter package in the Houston area could do a lot worse than the $475 Anderson AM15 and a handful of $7 Troy magazines this weekend. #BlackFridayMatters

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”