Geissele triggers

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

C-dub
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Geissele triggers

Post by C-dub »

While meeting up with QB yesterday to relieve her of that "horrible" Evil Roy, I got to feel that S3G trigger. :drool:

Of course, it felt great yesterday, but when I took Evil Roy out to shoot today I also took my M4 and got it sighted in on the 100y range. That's when I realized just how good that S3G trigger is. I couldn't believe what my stock trigger felt like now. :sad:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

QB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by QB »

C-dub wrote:While meeting up with QB yesterday to relieve her of that "horrible" Evil Roy, I got to feel that S3G trigger. :drool:

Of course, it felt great yesterday, but when I took Evil Roy out to shoot today I also took my M4 and got it sighted in on the 100y range. That's when I realized just how good that S3G trigger is. I couldn't believe what my stock trigger felt like now. :sad:
Dry firing the S3G is one thing but actually FIRING it is another.......I think you're going to have to get one :mrgreen:

I may just have to keep my Stag 3GL!!!!!
"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

QB wrote:
C-dub wrote:While meeting up with QB yesterday to relieve her of that "horrible" Evil Roy, I got to feel that S3G trigger. :drool:

Dry firing the S3G is one thing but actually FIRING it is another.......I think you're going to have to get one :mrgreen:

I may just have to keep my Stag 3GL!!!!!
I watched that Geissele video again that Andy posted and considering what both you and Andy said about the S3G, now I'm think about the SSA-E or SD-E.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I've watched that video 4-5 times more and been to the range a few times since my last post and am now backing down from the ***-E triggers. I've worked a bit more with my ACOG with the stock trigger and think it is finally time for an upgrade there. I'm almost definitely positive I'm going to order the SD-Combat with the flat trigger tomorrow over at Grabagun before heading into work. :roll: I figure we've heard quite a bit about these flat triggers from a few folks and since I'm ready to upgrade this one why not try it out now.

Is that SSA working out well for you Andy? Have shot it much since you posted here? After I get mine and if we can get together sometime, possibly another skeet shoot, I'll certainly let you try mine out to see what you think of the difference in the flat trigger. And I'd like to try yours out to see if I made the right choice for me.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

AndyC wrote:I like flat triggers, so I'd like to try yours out, yep.

I've shot it only once so far, when sighting in my Acog - I liked the trigger a lot but it wasn't an fun outing (as I had nothing to rest the rifle upon - since resolved by the purchase of a front bag-rest), so it was distracting.
I ordered it yesterday. It should be here soon and definitely the next time we get together. :thumbs2:

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

It arrived yesterday and was installed about 15 minutes ago. I was careful to dry fire and get an extremely recent feel for the original trigger before installing the new one. Then after installing it and dry firing it a few times I can, as expected and hoped for, feel a dramatic difference.

I wasn't sure what I'd think of the look of the flat trigger on the M4, but think it looks pretty cool. Almost futuristic. Can't wait to get out to try it for real. That'll probably happen late next week or next weekend.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”