You favorite rife ? Shotgun ?

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

hovercat
Posts in topic: 1

Re: You favorite rife ? Shotgun ?

Post by hovercat »

Favorite is a Remington single shot bolt action that belonged to my dad.
Hunting , I use a Savage 99 in .308 and an Ithaca featherweight in 16ga.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Favorite rifle = Henry Golden Boy .22 LR

Favorite shotgun = Standard Manufacturing DP12

These guns serve slightly different purposes, obviously.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

As far as favorite rifle goes, I'm torn between two .308s - a Remington 700 precision rifle and a Ruger Gunsite Scout:

Favorite shotgun is my Mossberg 590A1. I have others, but that's The One:

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

maverick2076

Post by maverick2076 »

My favorite rifle? I'd have to go with my 2 stamp AR-9 that I built last year. ITs so much fun and fills a perfect niche for me.

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

My grandmother's (who died when I was too young to remember her) Remington Model 33 .22 rifle (ci. 1932-35). She used to use it to keep the chickens safe. Forestock is broken and the rough repair job was probably done on the kitchen table or back porch. Not much to look at but it shoots sweet. It will be handed down after I'm gone.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

Topbuilder

Post by Topbuilder »

My favorites are all favorites because of who they belonged to instead of purpose or beauty.
Winchester Model 12, 12 gauge - 1929. I was building living quarters for an old friend. It just appeared in the back seat of my truck one day. A gift. He wanted to "give with warm hands". I did not know how short his remaining time was, he did.

Winchester 1894 pre-64. From a good man who at 80 I thought might outlive me. He was working in the yard one day and sat down to take a break... Absent from the body, present with the Lord.

Not that you asked, Pistol - Browning High Power "T" series. From a friend who I have known since I was 15. He was one of those people who people who made the effort to stay in touch no matter the different directions our lives pulled us. He went out of this world, far too young, on April 1st, I am sure he got a kick out of that.
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

rifle: FN FAL

shotgun? don't really have a favorite.....
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

LeonCarr
Posts in topic: 4

Post by LeonCarr »

Favorite Rifle: 20 Inch A2 Fixed Carry Handle AR with BCM PNT Trigger and Magpul Furniture that I built in my garage :).

Favorite Shotgun: Benelli Nova with 18 inch barrel and Ghost Ring Sights.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Favorite Rifle: Hands down, that would be my M1 Carbine. There's just something about holding and shooting that little piece of WWII history that just rings the bell.

Favorite Shotgun: No surprise to some on the forum, that could only be my Browning Cynergy O/U.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Favorite rifle? I am torn. It used to be my Winchester model 94 (pre 64) 30-30 that my grandpa gave me a couple years before he passed. It was his baby and his favorite. My new favorite is my Romanian AKM 47 that my dad and I built together. A lot of hours and sweat and blood went into that rifle and it shoots super sweet and is a tack driver for an AK.

Favorite shotgun? Well my favorite shot gun is my dads Benelli Super black eagle 1 made by HK. My favorite shot gun I own is my Remington 870 express 12 gage. That shot gun has killed truck loads of ducks and dove. It’s my go to gun if you will. And if it could talk oh the stories it would tell

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

LeonCarr wrote:Favorite Rifle: 20 Inch A2 Fixed Carry Handle AR with BCM PNT Trigger and Magpul Furniture that I built in my garage :).
Ooooh, I’d like to see that. I recently finished my own 20” build. I have a carry handle for it, but it is a knockoff of the A4, with a Matech rear BUIS and a 4x32 ACOG. But I went straight and narrow with the A2 stock, and a KAC M5 RAS handguard. But before mounting the Matech sight and the ACOG, I did zero the carry handle. I stuck to the path with the barrel too, buying a complete BCM upper and BCG with gov’t profile barrel. I am going to go off script though and swap out the A2 flashhider for an AAC 3-prong flashhider/suppressor mount, which looks kind of like the original A1 3-prong flashhider.

I have a couple of carbines, a 10.5” SBR, and an 18” SPR/DMR, but this is my first 20” AR, and I am surprised at how much I enjoy shooting that gun. It has what I would call practical accuracy. With M855 green tips, it shoots right at 2 MOA. Haven’t tried 55s yet, but it’s a 1:7 twist, so.....I don’t know.... maybe it won’t shoot them as well as the 62 grainers.....but half the fun is in finding out, right? But I’m anxious to try some 75/77 grain match loads to see how they shoot in it.

A week ago, i got a letter from Cabela’s saying that I had $114 worth of Club points saved up, which I hadn’t even considered. I had been wanting to get a nice Pelican case for that rifle, and Cabela’s had the Pelican iM3200 Storm case in gray listed for $229. Welll it turns out that $114 in Club points knocks about half of that price off of the case. Cut to the chase, I have the case now, and I’m going to cut out the inside foam, all nice and purty for that rifle. It’s not my favorite rifle; that honor still goes to my bolt guns, but it is a contender for favorite AR ever. I really like that 20” rifle.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

My favorite rifle to own is my Weatherby Mark V in a 340 Weatherby mag. Dad gave this to me when he quit hunting and I was going to Alaska on a hunt
My favorite rifle to shoot is my Savage 99 in a 300. This was my grand dads and he gave it to me a very long time ago. Was my first centerfire rifle. Shoots as good now as it did when I got it.
My favorite shotgun is my Remington 870. This was not only my first shotgun, it was my first gun purchase on my own. Again, a very long time ago.
My favorite rimfire is an old single shot Sears. This was my very first gun other than a BB gun. I can shoot the eyes off a gnat at 50 yards with it (or could in my younger days, now, maybe 25 yards).
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

LeonCarr
Posts in topic: 4

Post by LeonCarr »

Nice M16A4 clone TAM...I will try to get pictures of mine up today or tomorrow.

I know the 14.5 or 16 inch with a collapsible stock maneuvers better in close quarters blah blah blah, but if the defecation hits the oscillation the 20 inch rifle is the first one I will grab.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

My favorite shotgun is my Mossberg 500. It has both an 18.5" barrel and a 28" vent rib dual bead barrel, it serves as home/ truck defense gun, and hunting shotgun. My favorite rifle is a little harder to pick. For longer range shooting is my Ruger American .308 with stainless barrel and a Vortex 6-24 power scope, for shorter range, is my Ruger AR 556, with a Bushnell red dot 1:8 twist barrel, and for just plinking/small varmit control is my 40 year old Marlin model 60 semi-auto .22 with just iron sights. I tried to select firearms for which, I can get ammo, almost anywhere, and can handle almost any job, I need, at any given time.
I'm enjoying reading all of the posts, in this thread, because it not only confirms, my own choices, but gives me gun envy, to expand my own collection, to see if I need to re-think/change my mind. :mrgreen:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”