You favorite rife ? Shotgun ?

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

J Wilson
Posts in topic: 1

Re: You favorite rife ? Shotgun ?

Post by J Wilson »

Favorite rifle is a Colt A2 with a genuine Colt scope

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I don't have a lot of long guns, a 22, an AR556 and a .308 Ruger Gunsite Scout. My favorite is My is my GSR. It's accurate authoritive, and easy to handle. Stainless steel and bolt action combine to make it a rugged firearm. It was given to me as a gift, so there is some emotional attachment.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

C-dub
Posts in topic: 5

Post by C-dub »

I'm still not sure which of my rifles is my favorite and since this thread began I've complicated the issue by purchasing QB's Henry Evil Roy .22.

Here are my top contenders.
Henry Golden Boy .44mag (wife purchased for our 10th Anniversary)
Henry Evil Roy .22lr
Lee Enfield No. 4 Mk 1 (inherited from Father-in-Law in very good to near perfect condition)
Colt M4 LE6920R-MP mucho modifications/upgrades (my first rifle purchase)
Winchester model 1906 .22 pump (Great Grandpa's that has been handed down generation to generation to me)
M1 Garand (How can anyone not like this rifle?)
1903 Springfield (Dad threw away the original stock and sporterized it, but still shoots good for old barrel. :shock: :banghead: )

There are several more, but those are my top contenders for favorite. I may further muddy the waters within the next couple of years. I'm finding myself drawn to the SCAR 17s lately.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

strogg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by strogg »

I can't really pick a favorite. I love most of mine, and they all speak to me in some way. Remington Speedmaster 552 because it was my dad's, Savage 110 because it was my first rifle I ever bought, FN PS90 because it brings me back to my childhood, but there are two that always come to mind when asked for my favorite. They just put a larger than normal smile on my face when I shoot them. The PTR 91 and the Petronov AK47.
20171130_212632.jpg

LeonCarr
Posts in topic: 4

Post by LeonCarr »

Here ya go TAM...the 20 inch A2 with Magpul furniture next to the bench where it was built :smash:. Sorry for the upside down photo.
IMG_0027.JPG
Just my .02,
LeonCarr
Last edited by LeonCarr on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

Sidro

Post by Sidro »

Whatever I am shooting at the time. They are all my favorites.

LeonCarr
Posts in topic: 4

Post by LeonCarr »

strogg wrote:I can't really pick a favorite. I love most of mine, and they all speak to me in some way. Remington Speedmaster 552 because it was my dad's, Savage 110 because it was my first rifle I ever bought, FN PS90 because it brings me back to my childhood, but there are two that always come to mind when asked for my favorite. They just put a larger than normal smile on my face when I shoot them. The PTR 91 and the Petronov AK47.
20171130_212632.jpg
An FN PS90 brings you back to your childhood?

Just my pleaseexplain .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

strogg

Post by strogg »

LeonCarr wrote:
An FN PS90 brings you back to your childhood?

Just my pleaseexplain .02,
LeonCarr
I was a bit obsessed with it as a kid. It was prominently featured in a lot of media back in the mid/late 90s (video games, tv shows, etc). It was one of the first firearms I've ever really yearned to own, due to its unique design, shape, and what I thought was utter madness in its design. My interests have matured a bit since then, but I've always had a place in my heart for it. Now that I'm fortunate enough to afford some fun toys, I've finally purchased one.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

My favorite rifle hands down is my picture. The M1 does my talking!
Psalm 91:2

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Pawpaw wrote:Favorite Rifle: Hands down, that would be my M1 Carbine. There's just something about holding and shooting that little piece of WWII history that just rings the bell.

Favorite Shotgun: No surprise to some on the forum, that could only be my Browning Cynergy O/U.
Then Pawpaw, you'd be thrilled with what I picked up after Harvey hit...only two of these babies are remaining now.

Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Vol Texan wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:Favorite Rifle: Hands down, that would be my M1 Carbine. There's just something about holding and shooting that little piece of WWII history that just rings the bell.

Favorite Shotgun: No surprise to some on the forum, that could only be my Browning Cynergy O/U.
Then Pawpaw, you'd be thrilled with what I picked up after Harvey hit...only two of these babies are remaining now.

Sweet! But someone put them together upside down. ;-)
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

C-dub
Posts in topic: 5

Post by C-dub »

Pawpaw wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:

Sweet! But someone put them together upside down. ;-)
They're all lefty's. :biggrinjester: :evil2:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by puma guy »

Though I have many more accurate rifles, my favorite is a Winchester Model 62 pump action .22 that was my Dad's. Not only for the sentimental aspect; it's just plain fun to shoot.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

equin

Post by equin »

M1 Garand and Winchester Model 12 16 gauge
Ed

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”