AR-15 research and purchase.....

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 7

Re: AR-15 research and purchase.....

Post by cyphertext »

Here is an article that explains the differences between gen 2 and gen 3 PMAGs.
https://www.bayoutactical.com/differenc ... ag-gen-m3/

As far as which mags, PMAGs are good. I have many Gen 2 and no issues. Also D&H aluminum magazines (GI Mags) with Magpul followers.

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

JRG wrote:Okay, I have done more research and perhaps have a new weapon to purchase. I know I was set on getting the M&P AR 15 Sport II, but now have seen the Springfield Armory Saint. I LIKE it. It is about $300 more than the Sport II, but that would not be a problem.

Anybody have the Saint? Shot one? Pros? Cons?

Joe :bigear:
The Saint looks good, but only if you like the configuration and the furniture that is on it. It costs a little more because it has upgraded hand guard, stock, and grip from BCM. It also has a mid length gas system, and a 1:8 twist barrel.

It looks to be a decent buy, but again only if you like how it comes out of the box. If you are going to want to get rid of the A2 front sight and free float the barrel, I would go with a different firearm.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bblhd672 »

JRG wrote:Now to the subject of magazines for AR's. Most of the AR's come with a version of Pmag. I have found Pmags for sale at various gun stores for less than $10 or so. These are marked version 2. Can someone tell me what mags to get for my new AR?

Pmags? which version?
Daniel Defense?
something else?
plastic?
steel?

Thanks for the help.
Joe
I have about 20 Magpul PMags v2, both window and non-window, as well as 10 Troy Battlemags (which I'm not impressed with), and just purchased 10 D&H Aluminum mags ($7.99 each at Palmetto State Armory http://palmettostatearmory.com/review/p ... t/id/1239/ with free shipping). If these new metal mags work well I plan on buying more.
D&H 5.56 30rd Aluminum Magazine
Aluminum, 6061 – T0 Body. Resistance welded to US Military Specifications
Aluminum Magazine Body
is Heat Treated to T6, then Hardcoat Anodized
Magazine Body Black Teflon
Spring is 17-7PH Checked for Compression with a Chatillon Gauge
Follower: Magpul Foliage Green OR Yellow Anti-Tilt Follower
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
JRG
Posts in topic: 5

Post by JRG »

bblhd672 wrote:
I have about 20 Magpul PMags v2, both window and non-window, as well as 10 Troy Battlemags (which I'm not impressed with), and just purchased 10 D&H Aluminum mags ($7.99 each at Palmetto State Armory http://palmettostatearmory.com/review/p ... t/id/1239/ with free shipping). If these new metal mags work well I plan on buying more.
Aluminum Magazine Body
Please keep us informed about the D&H magazines.

Joe

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

JRG wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
Aluminum Magazine Body
Please keep us informed about the D&H magazines.

Joe
D&H magazines are good to go. No issues with them!

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”