PRODUCT RECALL: Some Brownells AR-15 Barrels Drilled Improperly

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

PRODUCT RECALL: Some Brownells AR-15 Barrels Drilled Improperly

Post by Pawpaw »

I just received an email that some Brownells AR-15 barrels are being recalled due to a small error in the manufacturing process. It appears that when drilling the gas port, some barrels may show signs of the drill bit contacting the rifling on the opposite side of the barrel.

THIS IS NOT A SAFTEY ISSUE!
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017 ... improperly
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: PRODUCT RECALL: Some Brownells AR-15 Barrels Drilled Improperly

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Pawpaw wrote:
I just received an email that some Brownells AR-15 barrels are being recalled due to a small error in the manufacturing process. It appears that when drilling the gas port, some barrels may show signs of the drill bit contacting the rifling on the opposite side of the barrel.

THIS IS NOT A SAFTEY ISSUE!
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017 ... improperly
I saw that in my inbox this morning, from TFB. It may not be a safety issue, but it sure as heck could be an accuracy issue. :mrgreen: Or......at least a "I had to dial in full left windage and 3/4 elevation in my scope to hit my 50 yard target.......and she keyholed......." sort of issue. :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”