Troy Battlemags @ Western Sport $5.99

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
JRG
Posts in topic: 3

Troy Battlemags @ Western Sport $5.99

Post by JRG »

https://www.westernsport.com/product/tr ... ags-30rnd/

I've got 5 coming my way. Western Sport is an outfit out of Keller, TX.

Joe

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Troy Battlemags @ Western Sport $5.99

Post by The Annoyed Man »

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

:iagree:

I bought ten of these last year, wasn't impressed with the quality. They are in my "barter box".
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

RossA
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RossA »

Pretty interesting, and troubling, stuff about Troy.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Abraham »

Hhhmmm, I bought a few (5/6?) Troy mags on sale a year or so ago, put them up.

After reading the quality may be questionable, I'll soon be I'll taking every one of em to the range and see if they perform.

If they don't, I'll give em the old heave ho!

As to the controversy of who Troy hires, who some apparently and heartily disapprove of, smacks of leftist politics.

According to them, if a company hires new people they have to meet the scathing writers personal standards or he/they make the new hire lives miserable by publicly criticizing them and do what he/they can to get the new hire fired while providing the company with blistering public disapproval.

Say what?

Something's amiss...

Could it be, that because it's a 'gun-centric' company, the left is agitating with malicious PR in the guise of sanctimonious denigration to help destroy them...?

Or, should they be hauled over the coals because they're bad, mkay...

TheDude

Post by TheDude »

Abraham wrote:As to the controversy of who Troy hires, who some apparently and heartily disapprove of, smacks of leftist politics.

According to them, if a company hires new people they have to meet the scathing writers personal standards or he/they make the new hire lives miserable by publicly criticizing them and do what he/they can to get the new hire fired while providing the company with blistering public disapproval.

I am usually the same way about not totally writing a company off for something like this. However, what Horiuchi and Monroe did at Ruby Ridge is inexcusable. Horiuchi shot Vicky weaver in the face while she held a baby. Monroe later testified he was ready to take the shot if Horiuchi did not or could not.

Topic author
JRG

Post by JRG »

bblhd672 wrote: I bought ten of these last year, wasn't impressed with the quality. They are in my "barter box".

As I said, I have 5 coming my way. At $6.00 a piece, if they are not good, it will be no big deal. Hopefully, they will be good.

Joe

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Abraham wrote:Hhhmmm, I bought a few (5/6?) Troy mags on sale a year or so ago, put them up.

After reading the quality may be questionable, I'll soon be I'll taking every one of em to the range and see if they perform.

If they don't, I'll give em the old heave ho!

As to the controversy of who Troy hires, who some apparently and heartily disapprove of, smacks of leftist politics.

Say what?

Something's amiss...

Could it be, that because it's a 'gun-centric' company, the left is agitating with malicious PR in the guise of sanctimonious denigration to help destroy them...?

Or, should they be hauled over the coals because they're bad, mkay...
NOPE. Please show me where I said they should fire anybody. I never said any such thing. I am, however, free to decide whether to give my business to Troy, or to Magpul. The decision is a no-brainer for me.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

TAM,

I was referring to what was posted in the link - Not anything you posted.

If you read the linked story regarding Troy, you'll see the writer was very anti-Troy and anti some of the new hires. He sounded very sanctimonious.

As to hiring or not hiring, as far as I know corporations don't put out a list for the public to decide who they can hire..or not.

You Mr. Consumer may be appalled at who works where, (never mind just Troy) and you also have a choice of not doing business with them if their employee choice offends you.

But, criticizing a companies hiring decisions, ppffffffft, it's not the public's decision to make.

apostate

Post by apostate »

Abraham wrote:But, criticizing a companies hiring decisions, ppffffffft, it's not the public's decision to make.
Last time I checked, we still have freedom of the press in this country.

You can choose not to read the article, same as TAM can choose not to buy Troy products.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

apostate,

"Last time I checked, we still have freedom of the press in this country."

...sigh, you missed my point.

I'll try again: Companies/corporations can certainly be criticized, attacked, defamed, and so on, but the public at large doesn't control who they hire.

If you owned a business and hired someone I don't approve of, do you think I ought to be able to tell you "NO" because I don't approve of your choice, thus you will not hire him/her due to my say so?

You'd laugh out loud!

Remember, it's your company run by you at your behest.

Corporations don't have to run their choices of who they hire through a public gauntlet of approval or disapproval.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Abraham wrote:TAM,

I was referring to what was posted in the link - Not anything you posted.

If you read the linked story regarding Troy, you'll see the writer was very anti-Troy and anti some of the new hires. He sounded very sanctimonious.

As to hiring or not hiring, as far as I know corporations don't put out a list for the public to decide who they can hire..or not.

You Mr. Consumer may be appalled at who works where, (never mind just Troy) and you also have a choice of not doing business with them if their employee choice offends you.

But, criticizing a companies hiring decisions, ppffffffft, it's not the public's decision to make.
In general, I think you have a point.

But in this case, I'm going to have to disagree with you. It's not like this company hired someone with unpopular political views. The person they hired has openly stated that he would have murdered an innocent woman while she was holding her baby if only he was able to get an accurate shot. A company that is willing to hire someone like this is not a company that I choose to do business with.

apostate

Post by apostate »

Abraham wrote:I'll try again: Companies/corporations can certainly be criticized, attacked, defamed, and so on, but the public at large doesn't control who they hire.
I saw the opinion piece where the author criticized Troy for hiring certain individuals. I guess I missed the news story where people literally stormed Troy with pitchforks and torches (and wooden horses?) to fire those employees.

Topic author
JRG

Post by JRG »

It is interesting the way some topics get started down a rabbit hole to nowhere close to the original title. This topic is the same. Sorry I started it.

Joe

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

apostate,

Nah, that happened on "The Simpsons".

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”