New to Me rifle

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New to Me rifle

Post by Beiruty »

SIG M400, with Velocity Trigger (4lbs) and Muzzle Brake, small front rail for a Bipod..
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipM ... JubHF0cmx3
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

apostate
Posts in topic: 2

Post by apostate »

E.Marquez wrote:If you meant the sling, then thanks// I was introduced to the Vickers design, by Larry Vickers when he and his team came to instruct a course for a few of us before deployment. Used one of his first slings 2007-2008 Iraq and been a fan ever since.
What makes the Vickers sling worth $50 when a standard two point adjustable sling can be had for $10 to $20?

(Sincere question. The user base seems to be squared away.)

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I love the ACOG, and I love the Aimpoint RDS (mine's a T2 Micro); but of the two, I keep the RDS on the suppressed SBR which is a close-range gun, and the ACOG stays on my carbine for general purpose use. ACOG glass is exceptionally clear, and the optic just plain works. The weakness of the RDS is a battery dependency. The ACOG reticle is valid with or without illumination. And long after the tritium is dead (assuming I never replace it), the fiber optic illumination will keep on chugging. You can send the ACOG back to Trijicon to have the tritium replaced and get another 15 years out of it.

Good job on the carbine, by the way. I like a simple, clean, basic carbine like that.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 8

Post by E.Marquez »

apostate wrote:
E.Marquez wrote:If you meant the sling, then thanks// I was introduced to the Vickers design, by Larry Vickers when he and his team came to instruct a course for a few of us before deployment. Used one of his first slings 2007-2008 Iraq and been a fan ever since.
What makes the Vickers sling worth $50 when a standard two point adjustable sling can be had for $10 to $20?

(Sincere question. The user base seems to be squared away.)
The quick adjust on the Vickers works smother and remains set better then any other I have tried..perhaps there is a $10 sling of equal quality and build, but I had not found and used it yet.
I carried an M4 on patrol for 39 months and have a pretty good idea of what works best (for me, to each his own, use what works well for you.), what lasts through use an abuse like having it snag on a vehicle as you dismount and stopping in its tracks a 210 lb fully kitted Solder in a quick hurry to get away from a bullet magnet and find cover.
. Thats 24 hours a day for 39 months, in and out of vehicles, over walls and fences, and sitting at a table eating dinner, hanging from a cot end piece, laying under me in a sleeping pad...
Then there was another 309 months I carried an M16 or M4 in training a lot....

A lot of folks are basing "best" on a monthly trip to the range, and a few times a year doing a 3 gun shoot, and if what you have costing $10 works for that, then all is good. Im not looking down my nose at anyone or what they use, just basing my preference on what I like, use and have abused..
Though one thing to keep in mind, the best you know is the best you have used. That includes me, the Vickers is the best I know, so its what I use, but there may be a better one for me that you know..... Tell me please, Im always open to a new best.

Lastly this particular version Vickers sling has features I very much like,,,and If not seen on a $10 sling.
The ability to quickly convert to a single point. The QR push button devices for attachment and detach, that DO not come loose though aggressive use of the weapon.

Im no longer in the Army, I could likely have put a $10 sling on this rifle and been just fine for my monthly trip to the range :biggrinjester: But its like an old friend, it is instantly familiar to my finger tips, it beings instant confidence and knowledge it will not fail, and it will do what i expect of it..I'll pay a premium for that over "it should work out"

Take a look at the marketing, see what you think of this model Vickers sling.
https://www.blueforcegear.com/vickers-c ... -to-1.html
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

apostate
Posts in topic: 2

Post by apostate »

Thanks for the reply. If I find myself wishing I could more quickly adjust the length of my sling, I'll take another look at the Vickers.

Topic author
E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 8

Post by E.Marquez »

apostate wrote:Thanks for the reply. If I find myself wishing I could more quickly adjust the length of my sling, I'll take another look at the Vickers.
Its a touch and feel thing.. Find one to use, even if its just a set up in the gun store, gun show, or a friends rifle.

I don't get to Huston often, but if your down this way, give me a shout
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”