mossberg shockwave

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 4

Re: mossberg shockwave

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

puma guy wrote:
rotor wrote:Must kick like a mule. Watched hickock45 on youtube and nothing bothers him but slugs?? Just got a Maverick 88 18 inch barrel on sale at Academy and will try out this weekend with some 00 buckshot. Let us know how this handles. I have an old mule kicker 12g Remington Sportsman that is no fun. All my other shotguns are virtually no kick. Beretta xcel A400 really no kick.
My dad had a Montgomery Ward 12 ga single shot with a Tenite (plastic) stock that was the first shotgun I ever used as a kid. It kicked like a mule. I am anticipating the Shockwave is aptly named. my hands/fingers have no "oil", for lack of a better term, to provide grip due to a malady I suffer from. I may wear some thin gloves to prevent it slipping when I test it.
From what I've seen, if it slips the most common injury comes from the web of your dominant hand hitting the sharp edges of the safety selector. So you could sand down those edges or wear a glove with extra protection in that area of your hand, etc.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 4

Re: mossberg shockwave

Post by puma guy »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
puma guy wrote:
rotor wrote:Must kick like a mule. Watched hickock45 on youtube and nothing bothers him but slugs?? Just got a Maverick 88 18 inch barrel on sale at Academy and will try out this weekend with some 00 buckshot. Let us know how this handles. I have an old mule kicker 12g Remington Sportsman that is no fun. All my other shotguns are virtually no kick. Beretta xcel A400 really no kick.
My dad had a Montgomery Ward 12 ga single shot with a Tenite (plastic) stock that was the first shotgun I ever used as a kid. It kicked like a mule. I am anticipating the Shockwave is aptly named. my hands/fingers have no "oil", for lack of a better term, to provide grip due to a malady I suffer from. I may wear some thin gloves to prevent it slipping when I test it.
From what I've seen, if it slips the most common injury comes from the web of your dominant hand hitting the sharp edges of the safety selector. So you could sand down those edges or wear a glove with extra protection in that area of your hand, etc.
:thumbs2:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”