Speaking of skeet...

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Speaking of skeet...

Post by Pawpaw »

That's a genius idea!
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by puma guy »

AndyC wrote:We haven't had a DFW skeet-meet for a long time.

Now that the weather's cooling a bit, it would be nice to get together a couple of times - I haven't shot a round in ages.
I'll watch as plans develop. I don't know when our next trip up will be, but I'd love to see you guys and join in if it works out.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

C-dub
Posts in topic: 12

Post by C-dub »

I'm pretty sure both of us are in with the following caveats that shouldn't stop anyone from going without us.

I work every other weekend and school is starting up, which means so is fall softball. Family before skeet. We hope to see ya'll out there and bust a few.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jusme »

AndyC wrote:I assume most folks attend church on Sundays, so would Saturdays in general be better?

Would be for me
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Saturday would be better.

I'm off the following Saturday's with no softball games scheduled yet.

I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bitter Clinger »

C-dub wrote:Saturday would be better.

Still coupla spots open for handgun training on 9/23 also. Just sayin...
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
C-dub wrote:Saturday would be better.

Still coupla spots open for handgun training on 9/23 also. Just sayin...
It's still an option. Getting together for some skeet at Elm Fork is a bit more flexible for the group. If I commit to that and then can't make it I would feel terrible for taking a spot someone else could've had, but if I can't make it to Elm Fork due to last minute schedule issues that really wouldn't be the same.

Thanks for the reminder!

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Food for thought, maybe we should take 9.23 off the table for this skeet shoot since that is the day some folks are going to Bitter Clinger's tactical class he's arranged for us.

Thoughts?

IDK, my daughter won't do the handgun class, but would do the skeet shoot.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

C-dub wrote:Food for thought, maybe we should take 9.23 off the table for this skeet shoot since that is the day some folks are going to Bitter Clinger's tactical class he's arranged for us.

Thoughts?

IDK, my daughter won't do the handgun class, but would do the skeet shoot.
Look, you really can't go wrong either way, just wanted to make sure all options were on the table. The Handgun class is a more expensive all day commitment, and so it will not suit everyone. Now skeet with a handgun, that would be a challenge!
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

The last time I shot skeet was with you guys. It seems like forever. I'd probably be up for a few rounds at some point. It would be great to get together again.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

The Annoyed Man wrote:The last time I shot skeet was with you guys. It seems like forever. I'd probably be up for a few rounds at some point. It would be great to get together again.
I think was about a year ago. I thought you got out not long after getting that new shotgun earlier this spring or last fall.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

AndyC wrote:
C-dub wrote:Food for thought, maybe we should take 9.23 off the table for this skeet shoot since that is the day some folks are going to Bitter Clinger's tactical class he's arranged for us.
Yeah, don't want to interfere with that.

9/9 sounds good to me, actually - with the option for another on 10/7 :)

How about.... 9/9 at Elm Fork and 10/7 at Alpine?
At this time, 9.9 is definitely doable and although 10.7 is currently clear, we might be able to also make that one depending on softball schedules.

But, I'm just one RSVP so far.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”