AR 15 under 400$?

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 6

AR 15 under 400$?

Post by Killadocg23 »

Looking for places or any AR15s that I canget under 400.
Thanks

Topic author
Killadocg23

Re: AR 15 under 400$?

Post by Killadocg23 »

Or places I can get both lower and upper recievers for under 400!

Tylerscott20
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Tylerscott20 »

I'm not sure about an ar fully built for under 400, but i built mine from a kit from ceratac.com about a month ago. Came with everything but a lower receiver, which I've had for quite awhile.

spectre
Banned

Post by spectre »

You missed some Labor Day sales that met your price last weekend.

PSA has complete build kits for $329.99 and you can get a stripped lower from Primary Arms for $49.99. Or buy 80% receiver and make a ghost gun. :mrgreen:
330kit.jpg
If you don't want to build, PSA has a barreled upper for $159.99 (507280) a BCG for $79.99 (8779) and a complete lower (7244) for $149.99. You can save $20 if you buy a blemished complete lower (37202) instead.
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

troglodyte
Posts in topic: 3

Post by troglodyte »

Tylerscott20 wrote:I'm not sure about an ar fully built for under 400, but i built mine from a kit from ceratac.com about a month ago. Came with everything but a lower receiver, which I've had for quite awhile.
I'm in the middle of building one from Ceratac.

16" 1:8 kit for $290.00 (assuming they are still on sale) + Free Shipping
Forged American Pride blem lower that Runner Runner Guns had on sale for $30. Picked it up when I was in Dallas on business.
Trinity Force BUIS for $19.17 (inc. shipping and tax) from Ground Zero Clearance.

AR for just under $340.00. If you want Ceratac to build the upper for you add $24.00. Still well under $400

I'm not expecting this to be a high-end gun. This is going to be the equivalent of the gun pioneers kept over the door. Something that the wife or I can grab quick if a coyote is in the chicken house or if we have uninvited guests up to no good. We don't have to worry with it getting banged around.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Remember the prices this time just one year ago? :smilelol5:

JakeTheSnake
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JakeTheSnake »

Not sure if still available, buy Gunbuyer had this one on sale.
IMG_0518.JPG

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

While it is true that the AR prices have been inflated in recent years due to the political landscape, it is also true that in a general sense, you get what you pay for. I wouldn't tell everybody to run out and spend crazy money on an AR like I did for a very high end custom build, but I also think that when you're talking about ARs in the $300-$400 range, you're pretty much scraping the bottom of the barrel. Unless all you're looking for is a beater, you're going to ultimately want to upgrade it; and depending on your starting point, those upgrades may cost you.......for items that would have been standard in a better AR.

I'm looking at that American Tactical Imports Omni Hybrid Maxx P3 on the ATI website right now. Here's the description:
Our OMNI HYBRID MAXX features a fully-patented metal reinforced polymer upper receiver along with a fully-patented metal reinforced polymer lower receiver. The Omni Hybrid lower features a patented hammer and trigger pin retainment system, preventing movement from the hammer and trigger pin during firing. The Omni Hybrid also featured our patented over-molded metal insert, which reinforces the buffer tube housing and rear takedown pin. This allows for metal-on-metal contact with both the buffer tube as well as the rear takedown pin thus increasing strength and durability from recoil and consistent firing. In addition a magazine is now included with all Omni Hybrid MAXX rifles.
Now, the first thing that comes to mind is that ATI's website is selling them for $669.95, compared to Gunbuyer's price of $369....almost half of ATI's price. So one of two things is happening. Either they are an overpriced from ATI (the manufacturer), or Gunbuyer is blowing them out to get rid of them because they're junk. That doesn't mean they ARE junk, but it sure does mean that they are only worth $369, not $670, and $369 doesn't get you anything better than a plinker.

If a plinker is all you want, then it's probably fine. But if you're buying it is to serve as your home defense weapon, then you should seriously consider spending a bit more for something you can absolutely bank on. I appreciate wanting to save money, and on my next build, I'm going to build a basic, utilitarian carbine, without going crazy on the boutique names. I figure I can get it done for around $500-$600, not counting an optic. But when the entire gun minus optic is coming in at $369, I'm suspicious of the quality.

That's just my 2¢, and worth exactly what it cost to read it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Killadocg23

Post by Killadocg23 »

Thanks guys. Yes this will be o lay a gun/range gun hence not going crazy with price. For those who built theirs. I was looking at the kit from crratac that comes with everything besides stripped lower. Is the lower that hard to assemble or is it prettyu easy. What all tools would I need?

Topic author
Killadocg23

Post by Killadocg23 »

troglodyte wrote:
Tylerscott20 wrote:I'm not sure about an ar fully built for under 400, but i built mine from a kit from ceratac.com about a month ago. Came with everything but a lower receiver, which I've had for quite awhile.

Forged American Pride blem lower that Runner Runner Guns had on sale for $30. Picked it up when I was in Dallas on business.
Trinity Force BUIS for $19.17 (inc. shipping and tax) from Ground Zero Clearance.

What's a BUIS?

Thanks
AR for just under $340.00. If you want Ceratac to build the upper for you add $24.00. Still well under $400

I'm not expecting this to be a high-end gun. This is going to be the equivalent of the gun pioneers kept over the door. Something that the wife or I can grab quick if a coyote is in the chicken house or if we have uninvited guests up to no good. We don't have to worry with it getting banged around.

Topic author
Killadocg23

Post by Killadocg23 »

troglodyte wrote:

Hi,
What is a BUIS?

Thanks
David

troglodyte
Posts in topic: 3

Post by troglodyte »

BUIS = BackUp Iron Sights

Putting an AR together is pretty easy. The lower requires a couple of punches, needle nose pliers, some masking tape, a small hammer, and little ingenuity.

Some specialized tools make the job a little easier but they are not absolutely necessary.

Watch several youtube videos and you'll figure out what works for you.
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

Topic author
Killadocg23

Post by Killadocg23 »

troglodyte wrote:BUIS = BackUp Iron Sights

Putting an AR together is pretty easy. The lower requires a couple of punches, needle nose pliers, some masking tape, a small hammer, and little ingenuity.

Some specialized tools make the job a little easier but they are not absolutely necessary.

Watch several youtube videos and you'll figure out what works for you.
Thanks! Do you mind posting pics when your done ?!

JakeTheSnake
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JakeTheSnake »

The Annoyed Man wrote:While it is true that the AR prices have been inflated in recent years due to the political landscape, it is also true that in a general sense, you get what you pay for. I wouldn't tell everybody to run out and spend crazy money on an AR like I did for a very high end custom build, but I also think that when you're talking about ARs in the $300-$400 range, you're pretty much scraping the bottom of the barrel. Unless all you're looking for is a beater, you're going to ultimately want to upgrade it; and depending on your starting point, those upgrades may cost you.......for items that would have been standard in a better AR.

I'm looking at that American Tactical Imports Omni Hybrid Maxx P3 on the ATI website right now. Here's the description:
Our OMNI HYBRID MAXX features a fully-patented metal reinforced polymer upper receiver along with a fully-patented metal reinforced polymer lower receiver. The Omni Hybrid lower features a patented hammer and trigger pin retainment system, preventing movement from the hammer and trigger pin during firing. The Omni Hybrid also featured our patented over-molded metal insert, which reinforces the buffer tube housing and rear takedown pin. This allows for metal-on-metal contact with both the buffer tube as well as the rear takedown pin thus increasing strength and durability from recoil and consistent firing. In addition a magazine is now included with all Omni Hybrid MAXX rifles.
Now, the first thing that comes to mind is that ATI's website is selling them for $669.95, compared to Gunbuyer's price of $369....almost half of ATI's price. So one of two things is happening. Either they are an overpriced from ATI (the manufacturer), or Gunbuyer is blowing them out to get rid of them because they're junk. That doesn't mean they ARE junk, but it sure does mean that they are only worth $369, not $670, and $369 doesn't get you anything better than a plinker.

If a plinker is all you want, then it's probably fine. But if you're buying it is to serve as your home defense weapon, then you should seriously consider spending a bit more for something you can absolutely bank on. I appreciate wanting to save money, and on my next build, I'm going to build a basic, utilitarian carbine, without going crazy on the boutique names. I figure I can get it done for around $500-$600, not counting an optic. But when the entire gun minus optic is coming in at $369, I'm suspicious of the quality.

That's just my 2¢, and worth exactly what it cost to read it.
I agree 100%, but he asked for a AR under $400.
If I were going to buy a built plinker I would spend a little more and get a S&W or Ruger.
Building is definitely the more enjoyable route!

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

It may be simply that since ATI is a polymer component, there is just not very much interest and in this market they are forced to liquidate at something close to cost of manufacture.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”