AR 15 under 400$?

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

rotor
Posts in topic: 1

Re: AR 15 under 400$?

Post by rotor »

Buds has
Del-Ton Inc Echo Semi-Automatic 223 Remington/5.56 for $389
I don't know if it is any good or not.
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/pro ... s_id/81938

loktite

Post by loktite »

Cabela's has Anderson AR-15 for $399 atm.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/ANDERSON ... 392846.uts
NRA Endowment Member

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I posted this elsewhere, but Buds has the Ruger AR 556 for $449. Not under $400, but a darn good entry level AR, IMHO.

I think there is an oversupply of AR's on the market right now, carrying over from the results of the last Presidential election. So it is a great time to be a buyer and a terrible time to be a seller. Give it a few years and that will undoubtedly change.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 6

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I posted this elsewhere, but Buds has the Ruger AR 556 for $449. Not under $400, but a darn good entry level AR, IMHO.

I think there is an oversupply of AR's on the market right now, carrying over from the results of the last Presidential election. So it is a great time to be a buyer and a terrible time to be a seller. Give it a few years and that will undoubtedly change.
If I were on the hunt for a cheap AR made by a reputable company, THIS is the one I'd take. It may not be the best AR available, but it is likely to be the best one available at that price; and it is backed by Roger's warranty. Plus, MSRP on that gun is $799; so $449 is a pretty good price for it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RottenApple

Post by RottenApple »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I think there is an oversupply of AR's on the market right now, carrying over from the results of the last Presidential election. So it is a great time to be a buyer and a terrible time to be a seller. Give it a few years and that will undoubtedly change.
If I were on the hunt for a cheap AR made by a reputable company, THIS is the one I'd take. It may not be the best AR available, but it is likely to be the best one available at that price; and it is backed by Roger's warranty. Plus, MSRP on that gun is $799; so $449 is a pretty good price for it.[/quote]

I've got one. It was a birthday gift from Mrs. Rotten Apple this year. I've not taken her out yet because none of the ranges around me will allow FMJ (and unfortunately my better half also bought me 440 rounds of FMJ along with the Ruger). So I'm trying to build up a decent stock of non-FMJ for plinking.

It's an easy takedown, the action is clean and "snappish" (surprised me on dry fires), and feels good in the hand. Hopefully I'll be able to get in a range test soon and can report on that.

1911 10MM

Post by 1911 10MM »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I posted this elsewhere, but Buds has the Ruger AR 556 for $449. Not under $400, but a darn good entry level AR, IMHO.

Ruger customer Service is top notch!

Liberty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Liberty »

The Annoyed Man wrote: If I were on the hunt for a cheap AR made by a reputable company, THIS is the one I'd take. It may not be the best AR available, but it is likely to be the best one available at that price; and it is backed by Roger's warranty. Plus, MSRP on that gun is $799; so $449 is a pretty good price for it.
I bought one a couple of weeks ago, and while I haven't a lot of AR 15 experiance I can say the Ruger is a heck of lot nicer than the Colt M16 Uncle lent to me. Brass deflector tight fit. Never seems to jam. I find it in credible that a 16" barrel can be this accurate. A fun gun to shoot. Then again, I really like Ruger rifles.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

The Annoyed Man

FWIW, I'm considering buying a friend's complete Ruger SR-556 upper (the older one, not the takedown version) chambered in 6.8 SPC. Not convinced yet ....mostly because he wants $750 for the upper, plus 3 magazines and a couple of boxes of ammo. That seems like a bit much to me, but I have confidence in the Ruger quality.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

Liberty wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote: If I were on the hunt for a cheap AR made by a reputable company, THIS is the one I'd take. It may not be the best AR available, but it is likely to be the best one available at that price; and it is backed by Roger's warranty. Plus, MSRP on that gun is $799; so $449 is a pretty good price for it.
I bought one a couple of weeks ago, and while I haven't a lot of AR 15 experiance I can say the Ruger is a heck of lot nicer than the Colt M16 Uncle lent to me. Brass deflector tight fit. Never seems to jam. I find it in credible that a 16" barrel can be this accurate. A fun gun to shoot. Then again, I really like Ruger rifles.
Aren't you worried about making your RGS jealous? :mrgreen:

#TINVOWOOT

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

I wouldn't overlook that Anderson AR that loktite posted above.

For those who don't know it, Anderson Manufacturing has been forging and machining uppers and lowers for many years. They are found in ARs from some of the biggest names in the industry.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Del-Ton Echo 316H Lite - $369 at GrabAGun
http://grabagun.com/del-ton-echo-316h-l ... -30rd.html
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

comp73

Post by comp73 »

PSA AR15 FREEDOM CLASSIC LOWER, OLIVE DRAB GREEN - $129.99
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar15 ... 79347.html

PSA 16" CLASSIC M4 FREEDOM UPPER WITH BCG & CHARGING HANDLE, OD GREEN - $259.99
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-clas ... 80181.html

that's basically $390 for both with free shipping.

If you want a mid-length upper with a 13.5" M-LOK handguard, you can get this for an extra $20.00
PSA 16" 5.56 NATO 1:7 MIDLENGTH NITRIDE 13.5" M-LOK UPPER WITH BCG & CH - $279.99
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-5 ... 46813.html
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. -Thomas Jefferson

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

The Annoyed Man wrote:

If I were on the hunt for a cheap AR made by a reputable company, THIS is the one I'd take. It may not be the best AR available, but it is likely to be the best one available at that price; and it is backed by Roger's warranty. Plus, MSRP on that gun is $799; so $449 is a pretty good price for it.
I've been eyeing this one because as much as I miss my Colt, I don't really want to pay that kind of money right now for a rifle that is going to be a recreational shooter.
Psalm 91:2

ninjabread
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ninjabread »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Now, the first thing that comes to mind is that MSRP is $799, compared to Bud's price of $449....almost half of Ruger's price. So one of two things is happening. Either they are an overpriced from Ruger (the manufacturer), or Bud's is blowing them out to get rid of them because they're junk. That doesn't mean they ARE junk, but it sure does mean that they are only worth $449, not $799, and $449 doesn't get you anything better than a plinker.

:evil2:
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

ninjabread wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Now, the first thing that comes to mind is that MSRP is $799, compared to Bud's price of $449....almost half of Ruger's price. So one of two things is happening. Either they are an overpriced from Ruger (the manufacturer), or Bud's is blowing them out to get rid of them because they're junk. That doesn't mean they ARE junk, but it sure does mean that they are only worth $449, not $799, and $449 doesn't get you anything better than a plinker.

:evil2:
Last year they were priced at $600-$700. The gun is the same, why would you think quality is different now. I have put over 800 rounds through mine, no FTE, no FTF, nothing.
Pricing is based on supply and demand. MSRP will always be inflated. Wholesale cost, will, in most cases, be about 50% of MSRP, so that retailers can discount them, and still make a profit.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”