Got a new rifle

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Sidro
Posts in topic: 5

Got a new rifle

Post by Sidro »

Ruger American Magnum 24 inch bbl in .338 WinMag. Will mount a Minox ZA5 3-15x42 HD BDC 800 on it in an Aero-Precision Ultralight SPR mount. I am going to try Hornady 225 gr SST ammo out of it to start with. Scope, mount and muzzle brake should be here by Friday so I may get a chance to shoot it this weekend. Should be a nice setup for hogs and other large animals.

G40yes
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Got a new rifle

Post by G40yes »

We will enjoy seeing the pictures when you can post them. Congratulations!!
.. tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

Topic author
Sidro

Post by Sidro »

Went to mount scope and rings were 30mm instead of 1", another week wait now. Do not know how to post pics but will see if I can find someone to do that once it is finished. Really want to shoot this gun.

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

Sidro wrote:Went to mount scope and rings were 30mm instead of 1", another week wait now. Do not know how to post pics but will see if I can find someone to do that once it is finished. Really want to shoot this gun.
You're going to start triple checking that from now on. I know I do now.
NRA Benefactor Member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I guess you’re about ready for anything on the American continent - north and south - with that setup!
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Sidro wrote:Went to mount scope and rings were 30mm instead of 1", another week wait now. Do not know how to post pics but will see if I can find someone to do that once it is finished. Really want to shoot this gun.
I use a service called Imgur - you can just about drag and drop, then get the img code for the forum right there. Just mark your stuff private unless you want it listed in the public.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Topic author
Sidro

Post by Sidro »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:
I use a service called Imgur - you can just about drag and drop, then get the img code for the forum right there. Just mark your stuff private unless you want it listed in the public.
Thanks, will see if I can learn how to do that.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Sidro wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:
Thanks, will see if I can learn how to do that.
http://www.rokslide.com/forums/general- ... imgur.html
Found this walkthrough real quick just now. I may take some time later today to make a walkthrough for our forum, I’ll see how today shakes out.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

ml1209

Post by ml1209 »

Congrats! Enjoy that rifle.

Topic author
Sidro

Post by Sidro »

Put the Minox on wife's new Ruger .204. Put SigSauer Whiskey5 3-x15x52 on the .338. Both of us are happy with the scopes and guns. Will need to fine tune each on paper but will hit clay pigeon at 200 yds with each as of now. Wife shot the .338 and said it was loud but recoil was no problem. I swear the older she gets the tougher or dumber she gets, I just need to figure it out.

No pictures as I am not smart enough to post them.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Sidro wrote:I swear the older she gets the tougher or dumber she gets, I just need to figure it out.
Um, I bet it's not the first one. I double dog dare you to tell her she's getting dumber "rlol"
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Topic author
Sidro

Post by Sidro »

jason812 wrote:
Sidro wrote:I swear the older she gets the tougher or dumber she gets, I just need to figure it out.
Um, I bet it's not the first one. I double dog dare you to tell her she's getting dumber "rlol"
I am 7 months away from retirement, would like to live that long.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”