Got started in .300 Blackout...

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Got started in .300 Blackout...

Post by MadMonkey »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
RogueUSMC wrote:http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/def ... -ammo.html

Only lose about 10% muzzle velocity between a 16" barrel and a 10.5" barrel...
That’s the primary reason I chose a 10.5” barrel for my .300 Blk SBR. According to the reading I did before buying, the cartridge is more or less optimized for that length - whether you’re shooting subs or supers. I had originally considered a 10.5” 5.56 barrel for an SBR.....and may do one yet, now that the SBR is already registered....but then I started investigating .300 Blk, and decided to do that caliber instead.
Same here... anything over 10.5 is 5.56 for me, under is .300BLK. I'm in the planning stages of a new post-Vegas super-compact pistol build right now.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 5

Post by RogueUSMC »

300.jpg
I don't know why the link isn't working right...lol.

Just a cheap unmagnified red dot. this is just a close in gun for the house and the truck...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 5

Post by RogueUSMC »

I am going to change out the ambi selector. When in the fire position, the right side sits under my finger and doesn't feel right. I had it at the time so I used it on this build but have not liked it...anyone else use the ambi selectors?
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

RogueUSMC wrote:I am going to change out the ambi selector. When in the fire position, the right side sits under my finger and doesn't feel right. I had it at the time so I used it on this build but have not liked it...anyone else use the ambi selectors?
I put a Battle Arms ambi on my LE901: https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/s ... 41292.aspx

It's not nearly as obtrusive.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

RogueUSMC wrote:...anyone else use the ambi selectors?
I have an Ambi selector on two of my ARs and I’m about to add one to my “A4” build. But I’m a lefty, so they don’t bother me. The funny thing is, I’ve gotten kind of used to using my trigger finger to manipulate the selector switch for long enough, that I had to kind of retrain myself to use the Ambi safety, but it is easier for me to use.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

but I slapped it onto an orphaned Frontier Armory plastic lower (which I've still not been able to break)
hi Andy,

are you still using the factory polymer fire control parts in it?
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

MrMcCullster

Post by MrMcCullster »

I'm just now reading up on and getting into 300 BLK out too.

I just finished building my first .223 Wylde dream rifle a few weeks ago and finally got to take it to the range and shoot 300 rounds through it.

For Black Friday, OdinWorks (the maker of my Wylde barrel), had a quantity of 10 - 16" carbine gas length barrels for $150.00 bucks (regularly $300) for 300 BLK. I was lucky enough to be one of the 10 who got one, so I am planning on making a 300 BLK upper.

It's funny how it worked out. I just finished my first build ever and all of a sudden I'm adding another caliber already, before I've even put optics on my Wylde build. DAMN YOU BLACK RIFLE WEEK!

I'm not a reloader, so with the ammo prices what they are, it's not something I'm going to go to the range with all the time and shoot. I also plan on running it suppressed.

It's been a really fun process to piece together and build my own rifle, and I look forward to doing it for the 300 BLK. I love the fact that I can just slap on a new upper and change calibers.

Look forward to researching more fun stuff!

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”