.300 BLK - supers and subs through a Form 1 can

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1

Topic author
AndyC

.300 BLK - supers and subs through a Form 1 can

Postby AndyC » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:06 pm

Went to Mickey's Lease down near Wilmer yesterday to attend an annual FAL shoot, revisit some old friends and introduce a newbie to shooting.

I obviously couldn't wait to try out my .300 BLK with supersonic and subsonic ammo (finally) to compare them and I shot some video of my buddy Ernie trying it out; I think the difference in sound is quite apparent:

Remember Kitty Genovese

Amateurs skip safety-checks - pros don't.
Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club
There's nothing quite like the offer of 230 grains to a man's chest to remind him of his manners

Jago668

Re: .300 BLK - supers and subs through a Form 1 can

Postby Jago668 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:38 pm

Thanks for the video. Just recently sent off my form to the atf to build a 300 blackout sbr. Can will be following at some point. Nice to see and hear what I'll be ending up with.
NRA Benefactor Member

MechAg94

Re: .300 BLK - supers and subs through a Form 1 can

Postby MechAg94 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:08 pm

I was near a guy shooting a 308 bolt gun suppressed a couple weeks ago. I was wearing ear protection but I was surprised how quiet the shots were suppressed even with regular 308 ammo. He was shooting at 200 yards. The report at the gun was much less, but you still heard the supersonic crack headed down range.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”