.300 BLK pistol

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Sidro
Posts in topic: 4

Re: .300 BLK pistol

Post by Sidro »

I have a Radical Arms upper in 8.5" bbl and use it as a truck gun. S- brace, UTG 3-9X32 1" BugBuster Scope and 45 degree angle iron sights. Run 10 round mags in it and really like the little gun using 110 gr bullets. First mark under crosshair is dead on at 225 yards and holding level with his back shot coyote at 265 yards by range finder with him DRT. Good setup for truck gun. You are going to like yours AndyC once you play with it awhile. Iron sights are set at 75 yards in case I jump a herd of pigs at close range.

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MechAg94 »

I finally got a rifle in 300 blackout this year. I have been thinking about an AR pistol recently. Thanks for the pictures. It gives me some ideas for putting on together in 2018.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by puma guy »

AndyC wrote:MD received, installed and everything is just about done; irons and 20-rd mags en-route.

Nice! BTW WalMart has TRS-25's for $59 w/ free shipping.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

troglodyte
Posts in topic: 3

Post by troglodyte »

That looks great Andy.

Now you've gone and made me start working on getting a suppressor.

If your looking for a DIY VTAC sling give this a look. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hPu9L4tWJg
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

Sidro
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Sidro »

Very nice setup AndyC.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Andy, does that build require any special ATF stamps or permission or trusts set up before you set up the suppressor?
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MechAg94 »

Outside of 300 BLK, I was thinking of an AR pistol for 9mm and/or 45 ACP. I have rifle carbines in those calibers and they just seem too big for the round they are shooting. I think an AR pistol would be a lot better and an 8" or 10" barrel is more than enough for those calibers.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

AndyC wrote:No. I have my trust and stamp for the suppressor itself, so I can use it on any gun I want.
So the gun with the short barrel and full stock doesn't require any special government permission?
I want! :drool:
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

AndyC wrote:Thing is, it's not a full stock - it's a KAK Shockwave w/ pistol buffer-tube, so it qualifies as a pistol. If I put a regular stock/tube on it, I'd have to apply to make it an SBR.
I'd love to see a range report, and maybe some pics of you shooting it.
Frankly I haven't been a huge fan of suppressors. They make most guns too bulky, and most guns just don't work all that great with subsonic rounds. As I understand it the 300 BO handily resolves these issues. I'm liking the prices I see for the kits too.
Liberty''s Blog

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”