Are AR15s going up in price?

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

dino9832
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Are AR15s going up in price?

Post by dino9832 »

Just weighing in here, the S&W SportII I bought this January was $500 at a local gun store. It's now $600!
Again, politicians are raising firearms prices by increasing the demand for firearms. :grumble

strogg

Post by strogg »

Ya gotta hand it to them democrats. Greatest gun salespeople ever. And if it wasn't for them, guns wouldn't be such a lucrative way to invest.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Prices are definitely starting to inch up. The Ruger AR 556 is $539 (cash price) at Buds right now. Pre-FL shooting it was just under $500, so an 8% increase. I expect that trend to continue, and then accelerate significantly if new legislation is introduced. Fortunately I am well stocked at the moment, so if anything a price spike might entice me to sell some of mine.

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

mrvmax wrote:My wholesalers are starting to run low on lower priced AR’s. Some FFLs in other states are seeing more younger people buying, fearful the buying age for AR’s wil be lowered.
I'm guessing you meant the buying age will be raised :confused5

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

Jose_in_Dallas wrote:
mrvmax wrote:My wholesalers are starting to run low on lower priced AR’s. Some FFLs in other states are seeing more younger people buying, fearful the buying age for AR’s wil be lowered.
I'm guessing you meant the buying age will be raised :confused5
Yep, posting on my phone always results in mistakes for me.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I just noticed this new banner message on Buds site
An unexpected large increase in demand has caused delays throughout our supply chain. Please expect longer than normal processing and shipping times on all orders.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
They are now out of stock on a lot of entry level AR's including the Ruger AR556 and the S&W M&P 15 Sport.

I would say that the panic of 2018 has officially begun......

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”