Texas to Oklahoma (Noob Question)

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
StexFJR
Posts in topic: 3

Texas to Oklahoma (Noob Question)

Post by StexFJR »

I'm travelling from South Texas to OKC this weekend. I'd like to take my Kahr along and do some shooting with my uncle on his farmland. How can I transport it legally? I don't have my CHL yet and don't want to jeapordize it while its being processed. I'm travelling in my sister's Nissan Murano, has no trunk. Advice anyone???

Thanks in advance

longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longtooth »

In a box, gun rug, case,... unloaded. Ammo in separate area should be fine. If you have a lock on the box that would be more than enough. Should be the same in OK. I would treat them the same if I were going there myself. If there is concern, call the AG in OK.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
StexFJR

Post by StexFJR »

Thanks Longtooth, I appreciate the info.

Skipper5
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Skipper5 »

LT...wouldnt' he be covered fine w/out CHL under traveling at least in TX...don't know re: OK...but TX he should be ok carrying concealed while driving in car (any stops he would have to place firearm in locked case (i.e. normal trunk)...Isn't this correct....or have I gone bonkers?

//John
TX CHL Holder
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member - Yes to Castle Doctrine! Success!!

Crosstimbers Okie

Post by Crosstimbers Okie »

Carry it in plain view with no round in the chamber or loaded magazine inserted in the weapon. Oklahoma law is very explicit on when a firearm is and is not considered loaded or concealed. A loaded magazine does not make a weapon loaded unless it is inserted into the weapon. The law says that anyone may transport an unloaded and unconcealed firearm in a vehicle at anytime.

Topic author
StexFJR

Post by StexFJR »

Thanks to all that responded.
I'm back from my trip, and no I didn't take my pistol. For my own reasons.

Return to “Other States”