Nevada now accepts Arizona CCW

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Rebel
Posts in topic: 8

Nevada now accepts Arizona CCW

Post by Rebel »

So as of July 1st Nevada will accepts Arizona'a CCW.
http://www.nvrepository.state.nv.us/ccw_changes.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Since I visit there a lot and my Texas CHL is a no go there. I am thinking of getting my Arizona CCW, I went to the Arizona DPS site,
http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Concealed ... Applicants" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and all is required is the application, a copy of my CHL(in lieu of in state training), fingerprint card and $60, no photos necessary. I have searched and read a few other forums and it seems that issue times are as fast as 1-2 weeks.

For those who travel to Nevada and especially Las Vegas, this may be a viable alternative.

boba

Re: Nevada now accepts Arizona CCW

Post by boba »

Rebel wrote:For those who travel to Nevada and especially Las Vegas, this may be a viable alternative.
They won't get another penny of my money until they accept a Texas CHL.
:nono:

rbftfire
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rbftfire »

Rebel wrote:So as of July 1st Nevada will accepts Arizona'a CCW.
http://www.nvrepository.state.nv.us/ccw_changes.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Since I visit there a lot and my Texas CHL is a no go there. I am thinking of getting my Arizona CCW, I went to the Arizona DPS site,
http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Concealed ... Applicants" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and all is required is the application, a copy of my CHL(in lieu of in state training), fingerprint card and $60, no photos necessary. I have searched and read a few other forums and it seems that issue times are as fast as 1-2 weeks.

For those who travel to Nevada and especially Las Vegas, this may be a viable alternative.

I'm sure that I just missed it but where did you see that you could substitute your Texas CHL for the training?

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

rbftfire wrote:
Rebel wrote:So as of July 1st Nevada will accepts Arizona'a CCW.

I'm sure that I just missed it but where did you see that you could substitute your Texas CHL for the training?

It's in this section,

http://www.azdps.gov/Links/ARS/?l=13/03112.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
6(d) An original or a copy of a concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or a license as prescribed by subsection N, paragraph 7 of this section.
7. A valid current or expired concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state and that has a training or testing requirement for initial issuance.
When I called to order my application, she asked my what i would be using to substitute for in state training, and I told her my Texas CHL, she stated that would be fine, and they would be sending my application packet out in the mail today.

If you also read you can use any NRA gun safety class certificate or if ex military your DD papers.

CWOOD
Posts in topic: 1

Post by CWOOD »

Good info. Thanks

rbftfire

Post by rbftfire »

Thanks for the good info. I called for my packet yesterday evening.

AggieMM

Post by AggieMM »

Reading the site, with an non-resident Arizona CCW, looks like you gain NV, OH, and WV over the Texas reciprocity agreements. Is that correct?

Ryan

Texgun

Post by Texgun »

I mailed my packet in today. After reading the AZ gun laws it is unclear to me how it is legal in AZ to carry a concealed handgun without a license. I am unfamiliar with their statutes. Can anyone offer a brief summary explaining the details?
Texgun
College Station, TX

apostate
Posts in topic: 3

Post by apostate »

Texgun wrote:I mailed my packet in today. After reading the AZ gun laws it is unclear to me how it is legal in AZ to carry a concealed handgun without a license. I am unfamiliar with their statutes. Can anyone offer a brief summary explaining the details?
I'm not sure I understand your question. If it's not prohibited, it's allowed. For example, wearing boat shoes in the desert. ;-)

Unlicensed open carry has been legal in Arizona for a long time. I remember doing so in the early 90s (before Texas had CHL) and nobody batted an eye. I presume AZ simply removed the restrictions on concealment sans license (except for young'uns iirc) so it's no longer prohibited. Some places are still off limits, however, with or without a license.

dicion

Post by dicion »

Yes, Laws don't work by giving permission. They work by adding and/or removing restrictions.

If it's not listed, it's legal! :thumbs2:

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jumping Frog »

AggieMM wrote:Reading the site, with an non-resident Arizona CCW, looks like you gain NV, OH, and WV over the Texas reciprocity agreements. Is that correct?
Yes.

With AZ, you now get NV, which you don't get with UT or FL.

However, UT and FL give you WA, which you don't get with AZ.

Makes my head hurt sometimes.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Sent in my application on Tuesday and sent an email on Friday just asking if they had received it, within 10 minutes go a reply, asked a few more questions and all were answered within minutes. They really have an awesome system set up over there.

Oh, another cool benefit of the AZ CCW is the benefit of no NICS call when buying a rifle/shotgun in AZ, as I have done in the past.

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

Huh, good info. For some reason, I had it in my head that Nevada didn't honor non-resident licenses for states they did honor. The wife has been wanting to take a trip to Las Vegas for a while now, but I was determined to wait out for Texas CHL reciprocity. An AZ CWP appears to solve that dilemma.

Now to get started on the process. :mrgreen:
NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Rebel wrote:Sent in my application on Tuesday and sent an email on Friday just asking if they had received it, within 10 minutes go a reply, asked a few more questions and all were answered within minutes. They really have an awesome system set up over there.

Oh, another cool benefit of the AZ CCW is the benefit of no NICS call when buying a rifle/shotgun in AZ, as I have done in the past.

Just an update.

AZ received my application on June 30th, due to being bombarded with out of State application(as told to me via email) they did not enter it into the system till July 11th. I had plastic in hand on July 16th!!!

Awesome system Arizona has!!!! :tiphat:

RHenriksen
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RHenriksen »

Any idea why NV doesn't recognize Texas CHLs?
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Return to “Other States”