Going to Turner Falls Ok.

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Mr.ViperBoa
Posts in topic: 4

Going to Turner Falls Ok.

Post by Mr.ViperBoa »

I am headed to Turner Falls this Friday to take the kids camping before I go to my CHL instructor course in George town. So the plan is to go to Ok. on Friday and then drop everyone off late Sunday afternoon and head to George town Sunday evening. I am wondering if anyone knows the laws about carrying concealed at Turner Falls?
Christian/Family man
Veteran
CHL Instructor
http://www.texaschlsolutions.com/

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Going to Turner Falls Ok.

Post by Oldgringo »

Here you go.

Pug
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pug »

If you've not been there in a couple of years, you might reconsider and look toward Beaver's Bend, Texoma, or elsewhere. I grew up in Oklahoma, and went to many summer camps in Turner Falls. Well, it has changed---a lot. The last time I was there was in May of 2008 and I will never return. Take a look at Trip Advisor's reviews: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_R ... ahoma.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. \

Regarding CHL carry, I do not know if the park (which belongs to the City of Davis, OK) is posted 30.06 or not. There is signage prohibiting firearms, but again, I am unaware of any 30.06 signs at the park entrance.

Topic author
Mr.ViperBoa

Post by Mr.ViperBoa »

Thanks OG. That helped alot. So yes. just not in the buildings.
Christian/Family man
Veteran
CHL Instructor

Topic author
Mr.ViperBoa

Post by Mr.ViperBoa »

Pug wrote:If you've not been there in a couple of years, you might reconsider and look toward Beaver's Bend, Texoma, or elsewhere. I grew up in Oklahoma, and went to many summer camps in Turner Falls. Well, it has changed---a lot. The last time I was there was in May of 2008 and I will never return. Take a look at Trip Advisor's reviews: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_R ... ahoma.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. \

Regarding CHL carry, I do not know if the park (which belongs to the City of Davis, OK) is posted 30.06 or not. There is signage prohibiting firearms, but again, I am unaware of any 30.06 signs at the park entrance.
I didnt really want to go but my wife wants to go for a family outing with my In-laws. :grumble Kinda no choice in the matter. ( happy wife, happy life) ;-)
Christian/Family man
Veteran
CHL Instructor

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

Pug wrote:If you've not been there in a couple of years, you might reconsider and look toward Beaver's Bend, Texoma, or elsewhere. I grew up in Oklahoma, and went to many summer camps in Turner Falls. Well, it has changed---a lot. The last time I was there was in May of 2008 and I will never return. Take a look at Trip Advisor's reviews: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_R ... ahoma.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. \

You won't see any 30.06 signs in OK. It's a Texas thing...

:tiphat:

Oldgringo's link will answer most questions...
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Mr.ViperBoa wrote:

I didnt really want to go but my wife wants to go for a family outing with my In-laws. :grumble Kinda no choice in the matter. ( happy wife, happy life) ;-)
10-4 on Beavers Bend!

FWIW, 30.06 signs are unique to Texas. "Gunbuster", or other 'no guns allowed' signs work against your Texas CHL in most other states. We are fortunate to have our specific 30.06 sign in Texas...IMO.

Topic author
Mr.ViperBoa

Post by Mr.ViperBoa »

I know that 30.06 is for Texas only but some laws are different when it comes to carrying in state parks ect..ect.. I found what I needed on the link posted in this thread. Thanks for the input folks :tiphat:
Christian/Family man
Veteran
CHL Instructor

TLE2

Post by TLE2 »

I was at Turner Falls (but just for a day trip) with my family last year. Crowded, but not overly crowded, and it was a holiday weekend.

I almost froze to death near Beaver's Bend, so it's not my favorite memory, but it's a great part of the state.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... (Jefferson quoting Beccaria)

... tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

I went to Turner Falls on a Sunday afternoon last fall. I enjoyed it. Had to contend with a large wedding party so ended up walking a fair distance to the falls but stiill had a good time.
N5PNZ

jmoney

Post by jmoney »

I was also advised on here awhile back to be very careful that you are not driving through any indian land while carrying. I am moving to OKC next week, and plan on sitting in on a CHL class to make sure I understand the differences very clearly

RSJ

Post by RSJ »

jmoney wrote:I was also advised on here awhile back to be very careful that you are not driving through any indian land while carrying. I am moving to OKC next week, and plan on sitting in on a CHL class to make sure I understand the differences very clearly
Ya I was wondering the same thing, I am moving to Tulsa in a few days.
NRA Member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Pug wrote:Regarding CHL carry, I do not know if the park (which belongs to the City of Davis, OK) is posted 30.06 or not. There is signage prohibiting firearms, but again, I am unaware of any 30.06 signs at the park entrance.
30.06 is Texas law and has no force of law in Oklahoma.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Pug wrote:Regarding CHL carry, I do not know if the park (which belongs to the City of Davis, OK) is posted 30.06 or not. There is signage prohibiting firearms, but again, I am unaware of any 30.06 signs at the park entrance.
30.06 is Texas law and has no force of law in Oklahoma.
Just guessing here, but I bet Pug has figured that out in the 5 years since he posted. :lol: ;-)
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “Other States”