Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 3

See if y'all see the same thing here...

Post by stevie_d_64 »

http://cbs5.com/politics/local_story_136215501.html

I see home invasion, (much less a violation of your 4th Amendment right) which in most sane areas would, and could, be met with a substantial response in which those violator(s) might not be that unhappy ever again...

I nominate Ms. Harris to lead the way...

I know it'll probably never happen, but I just cannot for the life of me understand why someone would think this is a wise thing to go on public record espousing these idiotic statements...

But I'll hand the "rant" mic over to the next poster...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

ScubaSigGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

The proposed legislation would also require people who commit crimes with guns to sign up with the police department, then probation officers could keep better tabs on them

WHAT??? They can't keep tabs on them now so they are going to ask Mr. Criminal to sign his name on a list. Uh, sure.

"Just because you legally possess a gun in the sanctity of your locked home doesn't mean that we're not going to walk into that home and check to see if you're being responsible and safe in the way that you conduct your affairs," Harris said

This makes my head hurt... make them stop.
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

TEX
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TEX »

What a sham! If these morons truely believed what they are proposing would lower gun crime then they are by definition too stupid to get a fork from a plate of food to their mouth without stabbing themselves in the eye.

Take 67 years off the calendar and but arm bands with swastikas on them and presto, you have a nazi.
There will be no peace until they love their children more than they hate us - Golda Meir

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

My feelings:

Same thing as New Orleans, if you elect them.......then you get to live with them.

If the majority of people in San Fran didn't agree with the Mayor (and the DA) then they wouldn't be there. They deserve them!
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Topic author
stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Well I didn't mean to make yer head hurt...

You've had the cure all along though...

But if you click yer heals together and say 3 times:

"There's no place like Texas..."

Just look at when I posted this...I couldn't sleep...There was a great disturbance in the force... ;-)
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

Topic author
stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

But seriously...Yeah right...

I have to sit back and honestly question the sanity of some elected and appointed officials...
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

This right here is a major reason I left California.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

pbandjelly

Post by pbandjelly »

some idiot wrote:"It is fair to say that a majority of gun crime is committed with illegal guns," District Attorney Kamala Harris said.
um. What's an illegal gun?
oh! you mean an Illegally Possessed Gun.
well, that's a different story.

yeah, they try to come into my abode to see if my gun is locked up, and they are INDEED going to find it not locked up.
it's going to be in my hand pointed at them as they illegally enter my aforementioned abode.

I hate Kalifornia.

ScubaSigGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

stevie_d_64 wrote:Well I didn't mean to make yer head hurt...

You've had the cure all along though...

But if you click yer heals together and say 3 times:

"There's no place like Texas..."

Just look at when I posted this...I couldn't sleep...There was a great disturbance in the force... ;-)

:smilelol5:

Did you see what time I responded?

It's fair to say that thier thimble of common sense is less than half full.
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

LOL... their table full of "illegal guns" included an air rifle and three 10/22 rifle barrels. :roll:

neal6325

Post by neal6325 »

Under any circumstances, even hot pursuit, I cannot imagine it is legal to search a personal residence without a warrant. If they enter during a hot pursuit they can only use what is in plain site. Is a judge going to sign off on these raids? Would they have to?
CHL Instructor, Member NRA (Life), TSRA, GOA, IDPA, FFL holder, Veteran (USN) and of course a proud TEXAS native.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

"Just because you legally possess a gun in the sanctity of your locked home doesn't mean that we're not going to walk into that home and check to see if you're being responsible and safe in the way that you conduct your affairs"
From my cold dead hands.

The gestapo had better be careful. They may not like what is behind locked doors.

Wait - I thought what went on behind locked doors was nobody's business.
Even though criminals already don't follow the law, city leaders believe any gun crackdown makes the city safer.
We all know that facts support this statement. :roll:

Anygun
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

That witch doesn't understand the meaning of the word "sanctity."
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

"Even though criminals already don't follow the law, city leaders believe any gun crackdown makes the city safer. "

:?: :?: :?: :?: :shock: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Hey I've got an idea! Let's pass a law making stupidity illegal. That should solve 99% of the world's problems. :roll:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

AV8R

Post by AV8R »

I keep all my guns locked-and cocked.

Return to “Other States”