Pennsylvania CHL Holder Arrested in New Jersey

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Pennsylvania CHL Holder Arrested in New Jersey

Post by Jumping Frog »

As far as I know, the difference between expungement and a pardon is with an expungement the crime "never happened" as far as criminal records are concerned, but with a pardon the crime happened but you no longer have to serve punishment.

So what does this mean in her future? Is she still considered a felon for background check purposes? Does she have to answer "yes" to the felon question on employment applications? Is she still prohibited from possessing firearms and ammunition under federal law?

A pardon is an improvement in her situation, but I do not know if it solves all her problems.

Be interested in any lawyers who know how this works chiming in.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

RonW956
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RonW956 »

what about safe passage laws? I always had the understanding that if you are a resident of a state where its legal to carry a firearm in your vehicle that you are safe driving thru other states as long as the firearm stays out of sight/unloaded?

Thankfully I have no need or desire to travel anywhere near the east coast. :txflag:

gljjt
Posts in topic: 7

Post by gljjt »

Jumping Frog wrote:As far as I know, the difference between expungement and a pardon is with an expungement the crime "never happened" as far as criminal records are concerned, but with a pardon the crime happened but you no longer have to serve punishment.

So what does this mean in her future? Is she still considered a felon for background check purposes? Does she have to answer "yes" to the felon question on employment applications? Is she still prohibited from possessing firearms and ammunition under federal law?

A pardon is an improvement in her situation, but I do not know if it solves all her problems.

Be interested in any lawyers who know how this works chiming in.
The charge was reduced to a misdemeanor in a first time offenders program after public pressure because Ray Rice was allowed in the program and she wasn't. They originally offered a plea, 3 years prison. She declined and eventually had charges reduced. A pardon restores all rights.

Return to “Other States”