Pennsylvania CHL Holder Arrested in New Jersey

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

VMI77
Posts in topic: 11

Re: Pennsylvania CHL Holder Arrested in New Jersey

Post by VMI77 »

You can't really blame the prosecutor because he's likely a leftist, meaning that he's mentally ill and doesn't know right from wrong.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 5

Post by cb1000rider »

Uh-huh. And conservative prosecutors are so much more fair, right, Ken Anderson.....

At least give 'em some personal culpability here.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

cb1000rider wrote:Uh-huh. And conservative prosecutors are so much more fair, right, Ken Anderson.....

Many prosecutors are scoundrels, but the flavor of injustice they serve up is a product of their particular ideological biases and whatever is opportunistic. Hence, the ones on the right like caging people for years when for things like consuming plant life the government doesn't like, and the ones on the left like to cage people for transgressing their ideological orthodoxies, e.g. owning guns and defending themselves. Both are authoritarians just expressing different aspects of authoritarianism.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

ryanj

Post by ryanj »

VMI77 wrote:
You can't really blame the prosecutor because he's likely a leftist, meaning that he's mentally ill and doesn't know right from wrong.
He may be a leftist but he is also a Christie appointee.

ryanj

Post by ryanj »

VMI77 wrote:
cb1000rider wrote:Uh-huh. And conservative prosecutors are so much more fair, right, Ken Anderson.....

Many prosecutors are scoundrels, but the flavor of injustice they serve up is a product of their particular ideological biases and whatever is opportunistic. Hence, the ones on the right like caging people for years when for things like consuming plant life the government doesn't like, and the ones on the left like to cage people for transgressing their ideological orthodoxies, e.g. owning guns and defending themselves. Both are authoritarians just expressing different aspects of authoritarianism.
Agreed. And the corruption in NJ stinks to high heaven. I actually live in this state and have had to deal with the bull to an extreme at times. Just pray you never have to deal with the division of taxation, DCF (child protective services) or the criminal justice system. You will lose your marbles, quickly. Only thing keeping me here is that my wife has a metric ton in retirement and other benefits to lose if she quits her job for us to move to another state far away. Maybe we can move to PA.

ryanj

Post by ryanj »

We had a few protesters at Christie's birthday party yesterday.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/20 ... cart_river" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

ryanj wrote:
VMI77 wrote:

Agreed. And the corruption in NJ stinks to high heaven. I actually live in this state and have had to deal with the bull to an extreme at times. Just pray you never have to deal with the division of taxation, DCF (child protective services) or the criminal justice system. You will lose your marbles, quickly. Only thing keeping me here is that my wife has a metric ton in retirement and other benefits to lose if she quits her job for us to move to another state far away. Maybe we can move to PA.

I feel for you. My college roommate some 30 years ago was from NJ. I have driven the NJ turnpike in pouring rain in the dead of night. Where he lived, near the coast, there were some very nice places, but even back then the state was so screwed up I would never have considered living there.

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 5

Post by cb1000rider »

VMI77 wrote: Many prosecutors are scoundrels, but the flavor of injustice they serve up is a product of their particular ideological biases and whatever is opportunistic. Hence, the ones on the right like caging people for years when for things like consuming plant life the government doesn't like, and the ones on the left like to cage people for transgressing their ideological orthodoxies, e.g. owning guns and defending themselves. Both are authoritarians just expressing different aspects of authoritarianism.
That's a good assessment.. If they're going to dish out injustice, they'll do it from whatever ideological basis they have. My point is that it's not isolated to either side. Plenty of it to go around. There's personal culpability here and blaming it on a political faction takes away from that, at least in my mind.

ryanj

Post by ryanj »

Prosecutor has now delayed the trial to evaluate how the case should be disposed of. Hopefully this is good news.

He's a tyrant, plain and simple. Regardless of the fact that NJ is effectively no-issue and no reciprocity, you don't throw the book at a productive citizen with no criminal record who made a mistake while giving a domestic abuser a slap on the wrist.

philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Post by philip964 »

http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/02/chris ... gun-mixup/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm not a fan of Chris Christie, but he did the right thing. I'm sure he will catch a lot of flack from liberals for pardoning this woman.

gljjt
Posts in topic: 7

Post by gljjt »

philip964 wrote:http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/02/chris ... gun-mixup/

I'm not a fan of Chris Christie, but he did the right thing. I'm sure he will catch a lot of flack from liberals for pardoning this woman.
I'm not sure I fully agree. Many liberals are for "gun control" but are probably glad she was pardoned. I wouldn't call those that think she should have spent time (3+ years) in prison liberals, I would call them..... something I can't put to words right here. Happy for her, a single mom, working hard tho provide for and protect her young sons, law abiding except for inadvertent breaking of asinine NJ gun laws, where no one was hurt, threatened or in any danger. The prosecutor and governor are the criminals here if you ask me.

K5GU
Posts in topic: 1

Post by K5GU »

gljjt wrote:
philip964 wrote:http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/02/chris ... gun-mixup/

I'm not sure I fully agree. Many liberals are for "gun control" but are probably glad she was pardoned. I wouldn't call those that think she should have spent time (3+ years) in prison liberals, I would call them..... something I can't put to words right here. Happy for her, a single mom, working hard tho provide for and protect her young sons, law abiding except for inadvertent breaking of asinine NJ gun laws, where no one was hurt, threatened or in any danger. The prosecutor and governor are the criminals here if you ask me.
Exactly! Christie needs to get a better method of getting publicity, like closing down a lane on a bridge...
:yawn
Life is good.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

IMHO, the ony reason he did this is because he's getting ready to make another run for president. He should have done this months ago. Then I might be impressed.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Oldgringo »

C-dub wrote:IMHO, the ony reason he did this is because he's getting ready to make another run for president. He should have done this months ago. Then I might be impressed.
:iagree:

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Oldgringo wrote:
C-dub wrote:IMHO, the ony reason he did this is because he's getting ready to make another run for president. He should have done this months ago. Then I might be impressed.
:iagree:
yep
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “Other States”