Idaho professor shoot self in foot in Chemistry Class

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Idaho professor shoot self in foot in Chemistry Class

Post by philip964 »

http://news.yahoo.com/idaho-professor-a ... 56090.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It gets worse. Idaho passed an enhanced CHL over College Presidents objections which permits special CHL holders to carry on college campus. This professor held one of these enhanced CHL's and his gun went off in his pocket shooting himself in the foot in front of a classroom full of students. The law went into effect only in July. So we only went 35 days before a ND. Classes probably have only been in session a week.

No wonder we have trouble getting pro gun legislation passed.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Idaho professor shoot self in foot in Chemistry Class

Post by longtooth »

Every class I make the statement that I am NO Fan of pocket carry. (My oppinion & YMMV) If you do, have a quality pocket holster that covers the trigger & nothing else in the pocket but firearm.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

tomdavis

Post by tomdavis »

I tried a kevlar holster with a S&W Shield that holds it securely and completely covers the trigger. But, it does not release well and makes the draw clumsey. I need to practice more but every pair of pants has a different degree of looseness and that changes the draw. Shorts are really a problem and that is what I wanted it for. Any advice along those lines would be appreciated. Maybe that should be another post.
...for as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom – for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. Arbroath, 4/6/1320.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

My main carry gun is a a Kahr PM9 and I pocket carry 95% of the time. I use the DeSantis Nemesis holster and have good luck with it. It draws easily from the holster while still covering the trigger appropriately. I mainly wear Dockers, but it also carries fine in jeans or cargo shorts pockets.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/ ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Utah elementary school teacher this time.

Return to “Other States”