Noir: what do Ray Rice & Shaneen Allen have in common?

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
A-R
Posts in topic: 1

Noir: what do Ray Rice & Shaneen Allen have in common?

Post by A-R »

http://www.nranews.com/commentators/vid ... olion-noir" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jumping Frog

Re: Noir: what do Ray Rice & Shaneen Allen have in common?

Post by Jumping Frog »

Great video, compelling argument.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

The more I see him, the more I love him. His arguments are so cogent, so concise, so pithy. I'm glad he has a national stage, and I hope his voice gets louder and louder.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

[youtube][/youtube]
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I just watched the video.

It ought to shown on the national news, every channel.

Noir is spot on!

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

It's an excellent video, both in terms of the message and the delivery. I was at NRA committee meetings and a Board meeting all last week. We discussed this case in the NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund meeting and all Trustees agreed that this case must be publicized widely and often. Unfortunately, traditional news outlets other than Fox News are loathe to touch this story.

This case is a stark reminder that people who can deprive you of your life, liberty and property are not limited to those who we call criminals. Those who wear a "prosecutor" badge are equally if not more dangerous when they are driven to reach political goals.

Chas.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

Looks like Superior Court Judge Michael Donio doesn't fear the anti-gun lobby at all! Kudos to him!
Donio previously became the first judge in the state to open up the Graves Act waivers, which record decisions on pretrial intervention concerning these cases. The records are meant to be kept for the attorney general’s review to make sure the law is being applied uniformly.
Donio, the judge in the Allen case, gave his views on mandatory minimums the Graves Act calls for during sentencing in a similar case last month.
In that case, Justin Brey, 26, had his gun on him at work in Pennsylvania — where he has a concealed carry permit — when his friend picked him up to take him to his surprise bachelor party destination in April 2013.
He didn’t realize he would be crossing state lines, and when they got to Caesars Atlantic City, he put his gun in a drawer of the hotel — then left for home without it. By the time he returned for it, a maid had found it and police were called. Despite a plea deal calling for a three-year sentence with one year without parole, Donio gave Brey two years’ probation.
Another case, in which he gave day-reporting, has been appealed by the Prosecutor’s Office.
“If you don't trust the judge enough to make the correct decisions, then don't appoint them to the bench,” Donio said at Brey’s sentencing. "These mandatory laws tie our hands, and in tying our hands, sometimes justice doesn't get served.”
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I could be wrong, but I think this is a face-saving way to ultimately grant her pre-trial diversion, or to drop the charges. I doubt he'll just drop the charges.

The only reason this is happening is because of the extreme pressure this dirtbag prosecutor is getting, as well as the Graves Act in general. I do believe that, had Ray Rice not received pre-trial diversion from this same prosecutor, Ms. Allen wouldn't have a chance of getting it.

As a Christ follower, I'm not supposed to wish anyone bad luck . . . but now and then I backslide.

Chas.

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
As a Christ follower, I'm not supposed to wish anyone bad luck . . . but now and then I backslide.

Chas.
Maybe wishing for justice to be served is the more Christ follower wish. ;-) And Ms.Allen going free is only half the justice in this case.

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
I could be wrong, but I think this is a face-saving way to ultimately grant her pre-trial diversion, or to drop the charges. I doubt he'll just drop the charges.

The only reason this is happening is because of the extreme pressure this dirtbag prosecutor is getting, as well as the Graves Act in general. I do believe that, had Ray Rice not received pre-trial diversion from this same prosecutor, Ms. Allen wouldn't have a chance of getting it.

Chas.
Just wish him luck, don't specify which kind.

Return to “Other States”