DC Still Playing Games Issuing Permits

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

DC Still Playing Games Issuing Permits

Post by Keith B »

Really not a state, but DC is still playing all the angles to make it virtually impossible to get a concealed carry permit.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Re: DC Still Playing Games Issuing Permits

Post by joe817 »

Clerk: Uhhhh, the law requires 16 hrs of classroom training, & 2 hrs of range time.
Applicant: Well where do I go to sign up for a class?
Clerk: Well, ummm, ahhh, errr we really don't have any instructors signed up at this time. It costs $400 for the instructors license, and no one has signed up to become instructors.
Applicant: So not only do I have to PROVE a need for a chl, that my life is in imminent danger, AND take a class from instructors that don't exist, than I'm good to go?
Clerk: Wullll, I guess so. After you get approval from the sheriff, we can start processing your application.

NOTE: All the above is my take from the video. Keith, you're right. D.C. is making it virtually impossible to get a chl there. :banghead:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

joe817 wrote:Clerk: Uhhhh, the law requires 16 hrs of classroom training, & 2 hrs of range time.
Applicant: Well where do I go to sign up for a class?
Clerk: Well, ummm, ahhh, errr we really don't have any instructors signed up at this time. It costs $400 for the instructors license, and no one has signed up to become instructors.
Applicant: So not only do I have to PROVE a need for a chl, that my life is in imminent danger, AND take a class from instructors that don't exist, than I'm good to go?
Clerk: Wullll, I guess so. After you get approval from the sheriff, we can start processing your application.

NOTE: All the above is my take from the video. Keith, you're right. D.C. is making it virtually impossible to get a chl there. :banghead:
And if you have a CHL from a state and are visiting you still need to apply for a D.C. Carry permit because they don't recogenize out of city CHL's.

paxton25

Post by paxton25 »

I was in Virginia a few weeks ago and it was the first time I had taken my hadngun with me on a trip like that. Went pretty smooth, I did go to DC right when all of this went down but I decided to leave my pistol at the hotel since I wasn't sure about what would happen. I hope they get this straightened out soon.

Topic author
Keith B

Post by Keith B »

paxton25 wrote:I was in Virginia a few weeks ago and it was the first time I had taken my hadngun with me on a trip like that. Went pretty smooth, I did go to DC right when all of this went down but I decided to leave my pistol at the hotel since I wasn't sure about what would happen. I hope they get this straightened out soon.
There is no reciprocity with DC, so you would have been arrested if found carrying.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

paxton25

Post by paxton25 »

yea, probably, that's why I didn't carry. But I was specifically referring to the statements by law enforcement that they wouldn't arrest anyone legally carrying a firearm, seemed too nebulous to me.

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Let's hope the judge grants the permanent injunction after the hearing on Nov 20th.
Ron
NRA Member

Texgun

Post by Texgun »

Does anyone have information on this issue? It seems to have fallen completely off the radar.
Texgun
College Station, TX

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

Not good.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/mik ... ates-guns/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“You have a mayor who hates guns,” she said. “If it was up to me, we wouldn’t have any handguns in the District of Columbia. I swear to protect the Constitution and what the courts say, but I will do it in the most restrictive way as possible.”
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Well, if its any indication, the new Mayor of DC, Muriel Bowser, stated to a crowd there that “You have a mayor who hates guns. If it was up to me, we wouldn’t have any handguns in the District of Columbia. I swear to protect the Constitution and what the courts say, but I will do it in the most restrictive way as possible.”

Looks like someone beat me to the punch, sorry about a double post.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Very thankful DC is stuck with this. I have friends that recently moved to Texas from DC. They said they felt like they just escaped from Sodom or Gomorrah.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Washington DC. The Bastion of Liberty. The Heartbeat of a Free People. The Defender of the U.S. Constitution and Enforcer of the Bill of Rights, from Sea to Shining Sea.

Washington DC is a disgusting entity of putridness.
III

Return to “Other States”