PA Open Carry

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
ralewis
Posts in topic: 1

PA Open Carry

Post by ralewis »

Went looking around for examples of PA open carry while reading some Open Carry threads in another section on the forum. I travel there a lot (carry on my TX CHL but got my PA LTC this past summer because where I stay is in 3 overlapping school zones). PA is an example of a state that has unlicensed open carry with the exception of the city of Philadelphia -- which requires a PA LTC.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A couple things about this video I found interesting. First, almost nobody cared the guys were carrying. Also 6 out of the 9 or so people the reporter talked to had a PA carry license. I see no reason things won't go as smoothly in TX if we ever get Open Carry worked out.

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 1

Re: PA Open Carry

Post by MeMelYup »

ralewis wrote:Went looking around for examples of PA open carry while reading some Open Carry threads in another section on the forum. I travel there a lot (carry on my TX CHL but got my PA LTC this past summer because where I stay is in 3 overlapping school zones). PA is an example of a state that has unlicensed open carry with the exception of the city of Philadelphia -- which requires a PA LTC.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A couple things about this video I found interesting. First, almost nobody cared the guys were carrying. Also 6 out of the 9 or so people the reporter talked to had a PA carry license. I see no reason things won't go as smoothly in TX if we ever get Open Carry worked out.
They might not have been concerned because of the body language of the persons wearing the firearms. The people wearing the firearms were not trying to be sneaky or giving off vibes of being nervous or up to something. They exhibited confidence, I do this all the time, and I'm not going to bother you.

If the person(s) open carrying a firearm exhibit with their body language that they are confident and not going to bother anyone, most people don't get worried, unless they are with M.D.A. or some other gun control organization.

Return to “Other States”