Nevada and Front Sight

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
TXlaw1
Posts in topic: 1

Nevada and Front Sight

Post by TXlaw1 »

I am considering attending some training at Front Sight at Pahrump Nevada. But I understand they do not have reciprocity with Texas. Does anyone have experience attending Front Site and taking guns there by automobile? Any issues with LEOs? Thanks.
Jesus said, "And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36 NET) Also, Jesus said, "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own homestead, his possessions are undisturbed"(Luke 11:21 NAS)

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Nevada and Front Sight

Post by Jumping Frog »

TXlaw1 wrote:I am considering attending some training at Front Sight at Pahrump Nevada. But I understand they do not have reciprocity with Texas. Does anyone have experience attending Front Site and taking guns there by automobile? Any issues with LEOs? Thanks.
You could open carry.

Nevada laws here: http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/nevada.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Note the vehicle transport notes in the PDF.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

BCGlocker

Post by BCGlocker »

I am a First Family (Life) member of FS for the past 12 years. FS provide excellent training but too much sales bull both in the classroom and via email. I also have a Nevada CCW and applying for Texas CHL right now. Feel free to ask me specific questions.
Texas LTC Instructor
Texas SSO Instructor
USCCA Certified Instructor
Range Master Certified Instructor

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jumping Frog »

BTW, if I wanted to travel to an out-of-state premier firearms training school, I'd prefer to travel to AZ and attend Gunsite. Second choice would be Tactical Defense Institute (TDI) in Ohio. Also, note that Ohio starts recognizing a Texas license on March 23rd (although Texas apparently updates reciprocity status once a year, so Ohio will not be recognized here until next January).
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Jumping Frog wrote:
TXlaw1 wrote:I am considering attending some training at Front Sight at Pahrump Nevada. But I understand they do not have reciprocity with Texas. Does anyone have experience attending Front Site and taking guns there by automobile? Any issues with LEOs? Thanks.
You could open carry.

Nevada laws here: http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/nevada.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't OC in Henderson County. They don't much care what the state law is.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Jumping Frog wrote:
You could open carry.

Don't OC in Henderson County. They don't much care what the state law is.
City of Henderson...
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

AlaskanInTexas

Post by AlaskanInTexas »

BCGlocker wrote:FS provide excellent training but too much sales bull both in the classroom and via email.
Amen to that. We get a pre-recorded telephone call every week - very obnoxious. When I visit the website, I get the "you have entered into territory where you may pick up a computer virus or get sold an illegitimate timeshare" vibe (though I know the outfit is on the up and up).

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

on top of all the other stuff about FS its a commie fornia company, no thanx

Return to “Other States”