WI: police offer to check your home for guns

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
A-R
Posts in topic: 1

WI: police offer to check your home for guns

Post by A-R »

http://www.wpr.org/beloit-police-ask-re ... rched-guns" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Police in Beloit are launching a new effort to reduce gun violence in which they're asking city residents to volunteer to have police search their homes for guns.

Police Chief Norm Jacobs said he doesn't expect the phone to be ringing off the hook with requests for police to search their homes. He nevertheless hopes the program will encourage people to think about gun violence as an infectious disease like Ebola, and a home inspection like a vaccine to help build up the city's immune system.

anygunanywhere

Re: WI: police offer to check your home for guns

Post by anygunanywhere »

As we proceed along the stupid continuum to the eventual destruction of our way of life you will see stupid beyond any imagination.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

Sounds like a wonderful idea. Public service at its best.

:nono:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Either they or I live in an alternate reality.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Hey! :shock: I didn't know we had guns in the house. We just moved here Officer and you see........ :crazy:

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

We need to consider registering liberwhacks.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Hindenburg

Post by Hindenburg »

A-R wrote:http://www.wpr.org/beloit-police-ask-re ... rched-guns
Police in Beloit are launching a new effort to reduce gun violence in which they're asking city residents to volunteer to have police search their homes for guns.

Police Chief Norm Jacobs said he doesn't expect the phone to be ringing off the hook with requests for police to search their homes. He nevertheless hopes the program will encourage people to think about gun violence as an infectious disease like Ebola, and a home inspection like a vaccine to help build up the city's immune system.
When are he and his employees going to stop being carriers?

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

There are lots of reasons a parent of a troubled youth to do this. Other then that its stupidity at its best.

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

"911 what is your emergency?"

Come quickly! I think I found a gun in the back of my gun safe that I didn't tell my wife about. Please, come quickly, and search my house for any more threats to my life.

:biggrinjester:
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

A-R wrote:

...clearing the way for illegal searches in the future.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

I believe in smaller government, that many functions performed by government today are better performed by the private sector. As such, any Texan needing those terrible, unsafe, evil guns removed from their home should contact me. I will remove said guns, safely and at no cost to you.

misterlarry

Post by misterlarry »

Yeah, we should be elbowing our way to the front of the line to sign up for this nonsense.
01/19/2013 CHL Class - 03/25/2013 CHL Arrived
NRA Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

BobCat

Post by BobCat »

The point of this totally escapes me.

I clicked the link and read the article, and the only thing I can imagine is that the Chief thinks that kids (juvenile delinquents) may have guns at home of which their parents are unaware, and he wants to come search for them instead of having the parents search.

Does that make any sense, or explain this at all? Otherwise - why would a person call the police to come search for guns; you know you have one (or more) or you know you don't, how can you be unsure?
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

It takes a village to raise kids nowadays, or so I am told.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “Other States”