Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
chasfm11
Posts in topic: 1

Michigan: OC in schools?

Post by chasfm11 »

Daily Caller, article by Chuch Ross 3/6/15

http://dailycaller.com/2015/03/06/schoo ... ing-a-gun/
School Choir Director And College Professor FREAK OUT And Call The Cops On Man Legally Carrying A Gun
So from the article, Michigan allows CPL holders to open carry in school buildings but restricts concealed carry in the same conditions. Competing bills in their last Legislative session attempted to make completely gun free zones and make concealed carry legal.

The professor says that he would call again, even though he now knows that OC is legal. Isn't that making a false police report? I do understand that the demeanor of the person has a bearing on whether someone else perceives at threat but it sounds like this guy is always going to do that.

Michigan definitely has Liberal leanings in some areas as to most higher education institutions anywhere in the the US. I just find it funny that the legislature passed this kind of an exception to the Federal rules without a full on Liberal media assault that we all heard about. Perhaps I've just been asleep.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

CoffeeNut

Re: Michigan: OC in schools?

Post by CoffeeNut »

The guys reaction was absurd and alarming. I mean he got up and announced that there was a guy with a gun in the front row. Seems to me that he was trying to induce fear/panic in other parents' mind in order to get his way. When he was told all was legal, and chewed out by another U of M employee, he still decided he was right. If he does it again he needs to lose his job.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

If they allowed Concealed Carry, there probably wouldn't have been a disturbance by the hoplophobe.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

CoffeeNut wrote:The guys reaction was absurd and alarming. I mean he got up and announced that there was a guy with a gun in the front row. Seems to me that he was trying to induce fear/panic in other parents' mind in order to get his way. When he was told all was legal, and chewed out by another U of M employee, he still decided he was right. If he does it again he needs to lose his job.
There needs to be several people willing to do it in one of his classes. He might just quit on his own and relieve the University of the burden of having to do it themselves.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

I would definitely open carry there if faced with the same circumstances -- attending a school function, illegal to conceal carry, legal to open carry.

I probably would have concealed my two extra magazines if that is allowed (I assume concealed ammo is not illegal, but making assumptions about other state's laws . . .)

Good for Joshua Wade for having the courage to stand by his convictions. :thumbs2:
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Return to “Other States”