WV: Constitutional Carry

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

WV: Constitutional Carry

Post by RoyGBiv »

Passed by the Senate, then passed by the House with one Amendment.
The Senate will need to approve just the one amendment (changing the age from 18 to 21) before passing it to the Governor for signature.

WV House of Delegates passes bill to eliminate requirement for concealed carry permits
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

K5GU

Re: WV: Constitutional Carry

Post by K5GU »

RoyGBiv wrote:Passed by the Senate, then passed by the House with one Amendment.
The Senate will need to approve just the one amendment (changing the age from 18 to 21) before passing it to the Governor for signature.

WV House of Delegates passes bill to eliminate requirement for concealed carry permits
I see in the bill where it repeals the license requirement for carrying "in the woods" aka: hunting? But don't they still require a license for carrying otherwise?
Life is good.

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

Absolutely wonderful news! I can't imagine the Senate not passing it based on the 21+ age requirement alone. They even included a waiver for those over 18 but under 21 who are in the military (and I would assume Honorably Discharged as well).

States are winning some big battles, and that will help our fight here in Texas. The NRA and TSRA can take the wisdom from those battles in other states and win here too. Especially when it is proven that Constitutional Carry, much like Concealed Carry, is a non-event and does not increase crime and is not a safety concern.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

steveincowtown
Banned

Post by steveincowtown »

In a closing argument, Delegate Michael Folk, R-Berkeley, quoted some of the country's Founding Fathers, who expressed that the right to arms should never be infringed and is an integral part of American liberty.
Yup.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

Return to “Other States”