SC Proposed enhanced concealed carry law

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
BlueMerle
Posts in topic: 9

Re: SC Proposed enhanced concealed carry law

Post by BlueMerle »

Well, if that's what it takes to remove the needless restrictions on where I can legally carry, then I'll deal with it.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

The whole idea creates two classes of citizens. Many people will not be able to afford to extra liberty and that is wrong.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
BlueMerle

Post by BlueMerle »

C-dub wrote:The whole idea creates two classes of citizens. Many people will not be able to afford to extra liberty and that is wrong.
I don't disagree in principle. But, the very fact that some people are eligible to get a CHL and others aren't already creates 'classes' of citizens.

I'm not suggesting that this is the best way to deal with the issues, or even a good way, just that it may be the only way unless the legislature is able to pass laws removing the needless restrictions on where we can carry.

I'd much prefer the latter, and while I do see some movement in a few areas, it's unlikely that we'll be able to carry at schools anytime soon.

Better to have this than nothing... imo.

CleverNickname
Posts in topic: 1

Post by CleverNickname »

It's North Carolina, not South Carolina as in the thread title.

longhorn86

Post by longhorn86 »

I've waited all day for it, but no one has mentioned, so I will...

Shouldn't there be an amendment to this bill that requires a sash along with the badge? :smilelol5:
NRA Life Member

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

[video][/video]
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

LabRat

Post by LabRat »

BlueMerle wrote:I ran across this story at http://bearingarms.com/nc-state-senator ... g-schools/ about a new bill that would create an enhanced concealed carry license.

FTA:
The bill would create a new class of enhanced concealed carry permit holder with a badge and the ability to carry a firearm anywhere a law enforcement officer may also carry a weapon.
Emphasis mine.

I'm ok with all of the provisions in this bill except the badge part. I have a real problem with that.

Just wondering how others feel about it.
I know it's a small thing....but the article says "NC" senator....not SC.
Being from NC............there IS a difference.

LOL

LabRat
This is not legal advice.
People should be able to perform many functions; for others and for themselves. Specialization is for insects. — Robert Heinlein (Severe paraphrase)

Topic author
BlueMerle

Post by BlueMerle »

LabRat wrote:
BlueMerle wrote:I ran across this story at http://bearingarms.com/nc-state-senator ... g-schools/ about a new bill that would create an enhanced concealed carry license.

FTA:
The bill would create a new class of enhanced concealed carry permit holder with a badge and the ability to carry a firearm anywhere a law enforcement officer may also carry a weapon.
Emphasis mine.

I'm ok with all of the provisions in this bill except the badge part. I have a real problem with that.

Just wondering how others feel about it.
I know it's a small thing....but the article says "NC" senator....not SC.
Being from NC............there IS a difference.

LOL

LabRat
Yeah, sorry about that.... my sister who was born in Charleston, SC, would not be happy with me! :-)

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

HB 308 (currently stalled in the Texas legislature) would remove most of the off-limits places without the extra training and without those stinkin badges. That's what I would prefer. The NC is generally headed in the right direction in considering the expansion of their concealed carry laws. However, they've veered off course with the additional requirements.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

Topic author
BlueMerle

Post by BlueMerle »

TexasCajun wrote:HB 308 (currently stalled in the Texas legislature) would remove most of the off-limits places without the extra training and without those stinkin badges. That's what I would prefer. The NC is generally headed in the right direction in considering the expansion of their concealed carry laws. However, they've veered off course with the additional requirements.
I agree that would be best. I think we've seen this type of legislation for several years now and it never seems to get passed. Right or wrong there are those with serious reservations about removing many of the restrictions.

Hopefully this year will be different. But I'm not going to hold my breath.

Either way, we don't need those stinkin' badges.

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

BlueMerle wrote:
TexasCajun wrote:HB 308 (currently stalled in the Texas legislature) would remove most of the off-limits places without the extra training and without those stinkin badges. That's what I would prefer. The NC is generally headed in the right direction in considering the expansion of their concealed carry laws. However, they've veered off course with the additional requirements.
I agree that would be best. I think we've seen this type of legislation for several years now and it never seems to get passed. Right or wrong there are those with serious reservations about removing many of the restrictions.

Open carry has pushed everything else to the sidelines this session. So we'll most likely have to wait until next session for a broad reduction in the off-limits places.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

Topic author
BlueMerle

Post by BlueMerle »

TexasCajun wrote:
BlueMerle wrote:

Open carry has pushed everything else to the sidelines this session. So we'll most likely have to wait until next session for a broad reduction in the off-limits places.
True, and that's a whole different issue :mrgreen:

Return to “Other States”