Illinois apparently to allow non-resident CCW licenses

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Illinois apparently to allow non-resident CCW licenses

Post by mojo84 »

If people are concerned about Texas cops being hard to deal with, just think about having a loaded gun and Texas plates and having to deal with an Illinois cop. Not sure that sounds appealing to me.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 1

Post by chasfm11 »

mojo84 wrote:If people are concerned about Texas cops being hard to deal with, just think about having a loaded gun and Texas plates and having to deal with an Illinois cop. Not sure that sounds appealing to me.
I think that there is a difference between Chicago cops and Illinois cops. I'm guessing that much of non-Chicago IL feels the same way that Texans do about how the IL politicians have treated gun owners. With some exceptions, the police often reflect the attitudes of the citizens they work with.

Personally, I'd much rather deal with a down State IL cop than one from of Acevado's group.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

chasfm11 wrote:
mojo84 wrote:If people are concerned about Texas cops being hard to deal with, just think about having a loaded gun and Texas plates and having to deal with an Illinois cop. Not sure that sounds appealing to me.
I think that there is a difference between Chicago cops and Illinois cops. I'm guessing that much of non-Chicago IL feels the same way that Texans do about how the IL politicians have treated gun owners. With some exceptions, the police often reflect the attitudes of the citizens they work with.

Personally, I'd much rather deal with a down State IL cop than one from of Acevado's group.

That very well may be the case. I've only spent time in Chicago and kind of associate most of Illinois with the windy city.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “Other States”