Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Rrash
Posts in topic: 1

Driving to Kansas this weekend

Post by Rrash »

Hey all,
I will be headed to Kansas this weekend for a family wedding. For those of you who are familiar with Kansas laws, is there anything I should be aware of?
A couple issues I'm interested in:
1. Signage?
2. Can you carry in a church in Kansas?
3. Anything else I am overlooking.
Thanks in advance.

bmwrdr

Re: Driving to Kansas this weekend

Post by bmwrdr »

I commuted through Kansas for several years, lived in Mission Kansas in a Hotel for the time being there and never had an issue at all. In the southern part they are a bit more conservative. Should you gert to KCK crime is a bit higher but the cops are just like here in TX. The laws are very similar but you still should read as much as you can to cover the latest updates.

1. Signage? Similar to TX
2. Can you carry in a church in Kansas? No in less therte is no sign.
3. Anything else I am overlooking. Read here http://www.ag.ks.gov/licensing/concealed-carry
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

Haven't been to Kansas in a while (and not since I started carrying) but a quick search on handgunlaw.us tells me the following:

1. K.S.A. 75-7c10 as amended states that a Permit/License Holder who goes by an AG approved sign, stating no firearms, is not a crime but can be asked to leave and if the person does not leave when asked, they can be charged with trespassing.

2. No mention of churches being off limits

3. Do a thorough read of http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/kansas.pdf - I do this for every state I am going to visit when I travel

Kansas is very Pro-2A. Very few places off limits. Signs do not hold force of law. They adopted permitless concealed carry earlier this year. Light years ahead of Texas.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

The approved sign in Kansas is a gunbuster sign. However, the posting requirements are more strict than here in Texas. It must be posted at eye level and IIRC within 5 feet of each entrance, maybe less. Do not go into any government buildings while carrying. Kansas does not believe that they belong to the people as much as Texas does. I'm not sure about government owned property like city parks or fairgrounds, but I think they are okay like here in Texas.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

doncom

Post by doncom »

I use and recommend a smartphone app called CCW. I actually use it in CHL classes when talking about reciprocity. Easy to use and updated often. (I have no affiliation with this product other than that of a satisfied customer).

Return to “Other States”