Permitless Open Carry Passes Oklahoma House 73-15

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
NotRPB
Posts in topic: 1

Permitless Open Carry Passes Oklahoma House 73-15

Post by NotRPB »

On March 10, the Oklahoma House passed legislation to legalize carrying a handgun openly on one’s hip without a concealed carry permit.
Constitutional open carry now goes to the Senate for deliberation and a vote.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... use-73-15/

joe817

Re: Permitless Open Carry Passes Oklahoma House 73-15

Post by joe817 »

Wow! That was quick! :shock:

Didn't they just pass OC in the prior legislative session? Well.....it hasn't made its way alllll through the legislature yet. We'll see.

Thanks for posting NotRPB. :tiphat:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ScottDLS »

Why do they have to poke the bear? Now we will never get constitutional carry in Texas. Our northern neighbor doesn't even have a sign law. Once everyone sees what a storm these Okies raise, our legislators will repeal LTC in Texas and we'll be back to the "traveling" exemption. :evil2:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

joe817 wrote:Wow! That was quick! :shock:
We must be on the same wavelength. Those were also the first for words that wen through my brain.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

Oklahoma doesn't have Joe Straus to deal with!
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

It appears like this died in committee last year. Is that correct?

I was researching a bit because the Mrs. is going to visit some friends this weekend and was asking if OK had anything similar to our MPA so she could take the baby Glock loaded and within reach with her in the car. So far, it doesn't look like she can legally.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

C-dub wrote:It appears like this died in committee last year. Is that correct?

I was researching a bit because the Mrs. is going to visit some friends this weekend and was asking if OK had anything similar to our MPA so she could take the baby Glock loaded and within reach with her in the car. So far, it doesn't look like she can legally.
Everything I'm seeing indicates that unless your wife has a Texas LTC she cannot carry loaded firearm legally in OK.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

ScottDLS wrote: Our northern neighbor doesn't even have a sign law.
Even "gunbuster signs" are enforceable.
OK. Penal Code
TITLE 21 § 1290.22

D. The carrying of a concealed or unconcealed firearm by a person who has been issued a handgun license on
property that has signs prohibiting the carrying of firearms shall not be deemed a criminal act but may
subject the person to being denied entrance onto the property or removed from the property. If the person refuses to
leave the property and a peace officer is summoned, the person may be issued a citation for an amount not to
exceed Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.00)
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

RPBrown wrote:
OK. Penal Code
TITLE 21 § 1290.22

D. The carrying of a concealed or unconcealed firearm by a person who has been issued a handgun license on
property that has signs prohibiting the carrying of firearms shall not be deemed a criminal act but may
subject the person to being denied entrance onto the property or removed from the property. If the person refuses to
leave the property and a peace officer is summoned, the person may be issued a citation for an amount not to

That'a good to know, and it requires the property owner to give verbal notice. Only after refusing to leave, and having a LEO, summoned, would the carrier, be subject to criminal penalty.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I knew about the sign thing for myself since I drive through there a few times a year.

Thanks for confirming what I thought I'd read about unlicensed possession while driving.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ScottDLS »

RPBrown wrote:
OK. Penal Code
TITLE 21 § 1290.22

Not enforceable unless asked to leave.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

steveincowtown
Banned

Post by steveincowtown »

But where are they on their bathroom bill??
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

Return to “Other States”