Out of State Travel

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Out of State Travel

Post by Pawpaw »

I assume you'll give them time to get settled in before you visit. By then, they may know what to do. They may not get on-base housing or they may have some trusted friend who lives off base and will hold your pistol for you.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

TxLobo wrote:Well, it looks like I will be headed to KY in the middle of summer, son in law and wife are being transferred from Germany to Fort Campbell.. I take it I'm pretty much out of luck carrying on this trip, just in case we have to go on base..

Any suggestions?

if you are staying in a hotel, have your gun locked in their safe, before you go on base.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Another option is to find a gun store in the area that will store it for you for a fee. I'd imagine in the area there are lots of guns stores that do that sort of thing for base personnel.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Goldspurs
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Goldspurs »

Just left Campbell last month after being stationed there for 4 years. Would of offered to hold em.

Honestly I recommend staying at an off post hotel. The on base one is kind of shoddy. There are some decent hotels really close by on Wilma Rudolph Blvd.

Friendly advice...since you will be driving through Arkansas you might want to know they don't allow open carry. At least from my research. TN and KY you can though.

Glad to hear they are coming back stateside. Campbell is a great place to be stationed. Beautiful area with the Land between the Lakes area and Nashville all close by. Me and my wife would've stayed if I wasn't offered Hood.
"We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into
prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying
to lift himself up by the handle." -Sir Winston Churchill

Goldspurs
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Goldspurs »

TxLobo wrote:
Goldspurs wrote:Just left Campbell last month after being stationed there for 4 years. Would of offered to hold em.

Honestly I recommend staying at an off post hotel. The on base one is kind of shoddy. There are some decent hotels really close by on Wilma Rudolph Blvd.

Friendly advice...since you will be driving through Arkansas you might want to know they don't allow open carry. At least from my research. TN and KY you can though.

Glad to hear they are coming back stateside. Campbell is a great place to be stationed. Beautiful area with the Land between the Lakes area and Nashville all close by. Me and my wife would've stayed if I wasn't offered Hood.
Thanks! .. they have been at Grafenwohr for the past 2 years.. It will be good to have them home. Or at least closer. Thank you for your service! Hotel safe will probably the the solution.
No problem at all. Make sure you go to the Blackhorse brewery while in Clarksville. Awesome beer cheese dip and pizza. Their beer ain't too shabby either :cheers2:
"We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into
prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying
to lift himself up by the handle." -Sir Winston Churchill

tyree

Post by tyree »

TxLobo wrote:... I take it I'm pretty much out of luck carrying on this trip, just in case we have to go on base..

Any suggestions?
That may actually not be the case. Our base had procedures in place to allow non-servicemember concealed carry holders to leave their firearms with security/MPs when they were on base. I've heard several truckers say that this is still the case for them when they deliver goods to military installations. You might call Fort Campbell and see what they say. You don't get if you don't ask.

Return to “Other States”