Airport question.

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
RoyBoy
Posts in topic: 1

Airport question.

Post by RoyBoy »

I am flying from DFW to Montana. The first leg of the trip takes me to the Minneapolis /St Paul airport. Then a connecting flight on to Billings. Is there a problem with flying into Minnesota? My Texas LTC is not recognized there, but I am only passing through. I will not be in possession of my pistol at any time. It will be in my checked luggage and will be put on my connecting flight. Has anyone had a similar situation? Any feedback would be appreciated.

TreyHouston

Re: Airport question.

Post by TreyHouston »

You should be all good! If you have a layover, dont get your bags. No, really! If it comes down the bag drop tell the agent your predicament anf DO NOT TOUCH. Other than that, your all good!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

TreyHouston wrote:You should be all good! If you have a layover, dont get your bags. No, really! If it comes down the bag drop tell the agent your predicament anf DO NOT TOUCH. Other than that, your all good!
Agreed. Just in case there is a missed connection and unexpected overnight stay, make sure you have a change of clothes and toiletries in something other than the checked bag that has your gun, and definitely do not touch that bag under any circumstances while you are in a state that does not recognize your right to carry.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

My read of MN law is that if your gun is unloaded and in a locked case, you'll be fine walking your luggage through the airport or taking a taxi to your hotel on an unplanned layover.

This is my OPINION, not legal advice.

http://handgunlaw.us/
97B.045 Transportation of Firearms.

Subdivision 1. Restrictions. A person may not transport a firearm in a motor vehicle unless the

firearm is:

(1) unloaded and in a gun case expressly made to contain a firearm, and the case fully encloses
the firearm

by being zipped, snapped, buckled, tied, or otherwise fastened, and without any portion of the firearm

exposed;

(2) unloaded and in the closed trunk of a motor vehicle; or

(3) a handgun carried in compliance with sections 624.714 and 624.715.
IMO, MN is not like NJ
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “Other States”