Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Soap
Deactivated until real name is provided
Posts in topic: 1

Trunk gun

Post by Soap »

I have a Texas ltc. Ill be taking an AR with me to NC. Ill pass through LA, AL, MS, GA, and SC. Should i separate the ammo from my rifle or will my permit cover it?

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Trunk gun

Post by Jusme »

Soap wrote:I have a Texas ltc. Ill be taking an AR with me to NC. Ill pass through LA, AL, MS, GA, and SC. Should i separate the ammo from my rifle or will my permit cover it?

LTC has nothing to do with rifles, or ammo. I can't find the link, but there is a way to look up different states gun laws.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Jusme wrote:
Soap wrote:I have a Texas ltc. Ill be taking an AR with me to NC. Ill pass through LA, AL, MS, GA, and SC. Should i separate the ammo from my rifle or will my permit cover it?

LTC has nothing to do with rifles, or ammo. I can't find the link, but there is a way to look up different states gun laws.
http://www.handgunlaw.us/
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

oljames3 wrote:
Jusme wrote:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

That's it, not enough coffee to the brain yet.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

This doc may be helpful:
http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/Long ... hicles.pdf
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

NRA ILA has a state gun law page I believe!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Ike Aramba

Post by Ike Aramba »

Check the laws. In some states, a loaded rifle in a car violates hunting regulations.
"Eastern European intellectuals, reading 1984 in clandestine editions, were amazed to find that its author had never visited the Soviet Union. How, then, had he captured its mental and moral atmosphere? By reading its propaganda, and by paying attention..."

Eric Lamberson

Post by Eric Lamberson »

Drive carefully, obey the speed limit, don't give a peace officer probable cause to search your car, and enjoy your trip.
Massad Ayoob Group Staff Instructor, NRA Life Member, Pistol instructor, and RSO;
Texas LTC Instructor, IDPA 6-gun Master, Suarez International Affiliate

Return to “Other States”